fbpx
Home / News / Features / Mass. man seeks justice for son killed here

Mass. man seeks justice for son killed here

NEW BEDFORD, Mass. — A Massachusetts man says he’s not giving up on finding his son’s killer even though it’s been a year since the fatal shooting.

Paul Vasconcellos of New Bedford travels to Rochester at least once a month to distribute fliers, speak with police and even pay for billboards soliciting information about the Oct. 24, 2010, murder of Paul Vasconcellos II.

The younger man was shot to death near his Rochester home in an apparent botched robbery. He was 40.

The 66-year-old father tells The Standard-Times that it’s “depressing” that there have been no arrests but he won’t give up.

Rochester Police Detective Thomas Cassidy says so far all leads have led to a dead end, but he remains optimistic that the gunman will make a mistake.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*