Rochester City Council has scheduled its review process for the mayor’s proposed 2012-2013 city budget.
The process will include lengthy departmental review sessions and an opportunity for public input before the final budget votes are cast. Reinstated this year will be a hearing for an extensive review of Rochester City School District 2012-2013 budget.
This will be the fifth consecutive year that the council’s budget hearings will be broadcast live on the city’s government cable access channel, City 12. Additionally, the hearings will be streamed live on the city’s website at www.cityofrochester.gov. All of the hearings are open to the public.
Residents will also have an opportunity to offer comments about the city’s and the school district’s proposed budgets at a formal public hearing at 5:30 p.m. June 13 in the Council Chambers at City Hall, and the Board of Education on Wednesday, June 13th at 5:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers. Copies of the proposed city budget are available for review online at www.cityofrochester.gov, in city public libraries, and at City Hall in Rooms 200A and 300A. Call the Council Office at (585) 428-7538 with questions about the review process. Council is expected to vote on both proposed spending plans at its June 19 Council Meeting that starts at 7:30 p.m.
Review dates are:
• 9-9:10 a.m. — Council/Clerk
• 9:15-10:45 a.m. — Administration
• 10:50-11:55 a.m. — Finance
• 12-12:55 p.m. — Break for Lunch
• 1-2:45 p.m. — Department of Environmental Services
• 2:50-3:20 p.m. — Library
• 3:25-5 p.m. — Department of Recreation and Youth Services
• 9-9:30 a.m. — Undistributed
• 9:35-10:50 a.m. — Police Department
• 10:55 a.m.-12:30 p.m. — Fire Department
• 12:35-1:25 p.m. — Lunch
• 1:30-2:05 p.m. — Emergency Communications
• 2:10-3:10 p.m. — Information Technology
• 3:15-5 p.m. — Neighborhood and Business Development
• 2 p.m. — Rochester City School District
• 5:30 p.m. — Formal Public Hearing with City Council and Board of Education