Seven attorneys have been elected to the Executive Committee of the New York State Bar Association.
The 30-member Executive Committee oversees the management and administration of the state bar within policies determined by its governing body, the House of Delegates.
The new Executive Committee members are:
• James B. Ayers of Albany, section representative. He is a partner of Whiteman Osterman & Hanna;
• James R. Barnes, Albany, Young Lawyers Section representative, a shareholder at Burke & Casserly;
• David Louis Cohen, Kew Gardens, member-at-large, solo practitioner;
• Cheryl Smith Fisher of Buffalo, vice-president of the Eighth Judicial District. She is a graduate of the State University at Oswego and the University at Buffalo Law School. She is also a partner of Magavern, Magavern & Grimm, practicing in employment law, commercial litigation, bankruptcy and professional responsibility;
• Evan M. Goldberg, New Rochelle, member-at-large, partner and senior trial attorney at Trolman, Glaser & Lichtman;
• Ira S. Goldenberg of White Plains, section representative, partner at Goldenberg & Selker; and
• Scott M. Karson of Melville, vice-president of the Tenth Judicial District, partner of Lamb & Barnosky.
Their terms began on June 1.