State Bar Association President David M. Schraver of Rochester (Nixon Peabody) has appointed nine attorneys as chairs and co-chairs of committees within the association.
The standing and special committees of the state bar sponsor conferences and seminars, monitor legislation and conduct research studies. Each committee contributes to policy-making, both in subject areas and association-wide.
The new committee chairs, as of June 1, are:
• Scott M. Karson of Melville, Audit Committee. A graduate of Syracuse University College of Law, Karson is a partner at Lamb & Barnosky.
• Eileen Buholtz of Rochester, Bylaws Committee. A graduate of the Eastman School of Music and Syracuse University College of Law, Buholtz is a member of Connors & Corcoran.
• Dennis R. McCoy of Buffalo, Committee on Association Insurance Programs. A graduate of the University of Notre Dame and State University at Buffalo Law School, McCoy is a senior litigation partner at Hiscock & Barclay.
• Rosevelie Marquez Morales of Manhattan, Committee on Diversity and Inclusion (co-chair); Fordham University School of Law and a member of Harris Beach.
• John R. McCarron Jr. of Carmel, Committee on Law Practice Management (co-chair); Pace University School of Law, partner at Montes & McCarron.
• Sherry Levin Wallach of Mount Kisco, Committee on Membership; School of Law at Hofstra University, principal and partner at Wallach and Rendo.
• The Hon. Michelle Weston of Brooklyn, Committee on Procedures for Judicial Discipline; Rutgers University School of Law and an associate justice of the Appellate Term for the Second, Eleventh, and Thirteenth judicial districts. She also presides over medical malpractice trials in state Supreme Court.
• Ellen G. Makofsky of Garden City, Committee on Women in the Law (co-chair); Brooklyn Law School, founding partner of Raskin & Makofsky.
• The Hon. Bernard J. Malone Jr. of Albany, Special Committee on Youth Courts (co-chair); Albany Law School, senior counsel to Whiteman Osterman & Hanna and member of the Appellate Division, First Department and Third Department.