The Women’s Foundation of Genesee Valley on Thursday awarded grants to 10 area organizations during its 19th annual special awards luncheon.
Each year, the foundation awards grants to programs making a real difference in the lives of women and in the future of girls. It has awarded more than $1 million to programs that have proven successful in helping women and girls achieve economic self-sufficiency.
2013 recipients are:
• Spiritus Christi Prison Outreach: Women Empowerment Program, $10,000.
• YWCA of Rochester and Monroe County: College Readiness for Young Mothers, $10,000.
• Women Helping Girls: Envision-Experience! $8,500.
• Society for Protection and Care of Children: Teen Age Parent Support Services, $10,000.
• Young Women’s College Prep: Cool Women, Hot Jobs Career Day, Brag Day, $5,000.
• Catholic Family Center: Financial Capability Classes, $6,000.
• Sojourner House: Henrietta Hammond Institute for Life Skills, $10,000.
• Catholic Charities of Wayne County: College Bound. $14,000.
• RAIHN, Homeless Family Emergency Housing Program: Women Heads of Household Achieving Economic Self-Sufficiency, $6,500.
• LASS Girls: Financial Literacy, $2,000.
The Women’s Foundation Grant Awards Luncheon is sponsored by DeJoy, Knauf & Blood LLP; East Ave Inn and Suites; Dr. Melanie M. Butler, Urology Associates of Rochester; and David Urban & Duncan Bull, Northwestern Financial Network.
More details can be found at womensfoundation.org.