Courts in the Hall of Justice building will suspend activity from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday for the funeral of Rochester Police Officer Daryl R. Pierson.
“Out of respect for those that wish to attend the funeral … and in consideration of the impact that this will have on courthouse operations, I am directing that all court proceedings at the Hall of Justice be suspended Wednesday from the opening of business until 2 p.m.” said Judge Craig J. Doran, administrative judge for the Seventh Judicial District.
The court system anticipates the Rochester City Court arraignment part and the Monroe County Family Domestic Violence court will remain available to entertain emergency applications.
The Hall of Justice is will not be closed and all employees are expected to report.
Any questions concerning jury services, court adjourn dates or other related issues, contact the court in which you are scheduled to appear:
- Rochester City Court: Criminal Division (585) 371-3417; Civil Division (585) 371-3412.
- Monroe County Family Court: (585) 371-3544.
- Monroe County Surrogate’s Court: (585) 371-3310.
- Monroe County Jury Office: (585) 371-3833.
- Monroe County Supreme and County Court: (585) 371-3758.
“Our heartfelt condolences and prayers go out to Officer Pierson’s family, the Rochester Police Department and the entire community during this time,” Judge Doran said.