Rochester Mayor Lovely A. Warren and the Rochester Police Department will host a community meeting from 6 to 7:30 p.m. today at the Thomas P. Ryan Community Center to discuss the department’s new five-section patrol model and give residents an opportunity to meet the new section captains.
The Goodman Section meeting is part of a series of community meetings that will be held in each new patrol section. The first meeting, scheduled to be held Nov. 12 in the Clinton Section, was cancelled due to a police emergency. A new meeting will be scheduled.
The remaining meeting schedule is as follows (all meetings will be held from 6 to 7:30 p.m.):
- Lake Section: Thursday, Dec. 4, Aquinas Institute School Cafeteria, 1127 Dewey Ave.
- Central Section: Wednesday, Dec. 17, Public Safety Building Auditorium, 185 Exchange Blvd.
- Genesee Section: Thursday, Dec. 18, Staybridge Hotel Castletown Room, 1000 Genesee St.
The new captains and their sections are:
- Capt. Wilson Johnson, Clinton Section, has 32 years of service, currently assigned as a patrol captain in the East Division.
- Capt. Lloyd Cuyler, Goodman Section, 27 years of service, assigned as a patrol captain in the East Division.
- Capt. Raymond Dearcop, Lake Section, 20 years of service, assigned as a patrol captain in the West Division.
- Capt. Peter Leach, Central Section, 30 years of service, assigned as the Downtown Detail captain.
- Capt. Tony McMullen, Genesee Section, 19 years of service, assigned as acting commander for the West Division.
The RPD is scheduled to implement its new five-section patrol model in March, replacing the two-division model in place since 2004.
Visit www.cityofrochester.gov/RPDreorganization to learn more about the plan and follow its progress.