The U.S. Senate has confirmed the re-appointment of eight members of the board of directors of the Legal Services Corporation.
In a vote earlier this month, it approved President Barack Obama’s nominations of the following to terms expiring July 13, 2017:
• John G. Levi — Current board chair and partner in the Chicago office of Sidley Austin LLP.
• Martha L. Minow — Vice chair, dean of the Harvard Law School.
• Robert J. Grey Jr. — A partner in the Richmond, Virginia, and Washington, D.C., offices of Hunton & Williams LLP.
• The Rev. Pius Pietrzyk — A priest of the Order of Preachers (Dominicans), Province of St. Joseph.
• Gloria Valencia-Weber — Professor at the University of New Mexico School of Law.
The Senate also confirmed the following nominees to terms expiring on July 13, 2016:
• Charles N. W. Keckler — Presidential scholar at George Mason University.
• Victor B. Maddox — Partner, Fultz Maddox Hovious & Dickens in Louisville, Kentucky.
• Laurie I. Mikva — Assistant clinical professor, Northwestern Law School Bluhm Legal Clinic.
Also serving on the board are Harry J.F. Korrell, a partner in the Seattle office of Davis Wright Tremaine LLP; Julie A. Reiskin, executive director of the Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition; and Sharon L. Browne, former principal attorney in the Pacific Foundation’s Individual Rights Practice group.