Fifteen Rochester area attorneys will be honored by The Daily Record on Nov. 5 when it recognizes its 2015 Attorneys of the Year Award winners.
Thirteen attorneys will be honored as Leaders in Law, recognizing tremendous dedication to the legal profession and selfless, tireless commitment to the community. Top Counsel Awards will be presented to two recipients who are in-house counsel or general counsel who have a positive impact on the company or organization they serve and show a significant contribution to the success of their client.
The Daily Record will also present its Nathaniel Award, named after founder Nathaniel Raymond, to one of the 13 Leaders in Law, which will be announced at the event. The award, which recognizes one attorney who has demonstrated a commitment to justice through their professional accomplishments, community service and support for other professionals. The award itself is a print designed for The Daily Record by internationally known artist Albert Paley to represent the whole sensibility of the construct of law and how it determines our culture and how we interact with that culture.
In Paley’s own words, the drawing contains logical systems of order dealing with other systems that are more fragmented and chaotic. The squares in the center represent sheets, like parchment, that are spun through the composition — which relates to The Daily Record.
“We’re very excited – we have a great group of winners and we’re very much looking forward to celebrating with them at the event,” said Editor Kristy O’Malley.“Congratulations to all of our winners.”
The 13 Leaaders in Law are:
• Peter Abdella, partner, Harter Secrest & Emery LLP
• Philip L. Burke, partner, Woods Oviatt Gilman LLP
• Elaine Cole, Founder of GRAWA and president-elect, Monroe County Bar Foundation.
• Gregory Connors, founding partner, Connors & Ferris LLP
• Mary Fisher, partner, Lacy Katzen LLP
• Timothy Fitzgerald, deputy managing member, Bond, Schoeneck & King PLLC
• Robert L. Galbraith Jr., managing partner, Davidson Fink LLP
• Brian Green, senior assistant district attorney, Monroe County District Attorney’s Office
• Peter Pullano, managing partner, Tully Rinckey PLLC
• Trini Ross, chief, Fraud and Corruption Section, Criminal Division, U.S. Attorney’s Office, WDNY
• Scott M. Turner, partner, Nixon Peabody LLP
• Peter Weishaar, managing partner, McConville, Considine, Cooman & Morin PC
• Melanie Wolk, attorney, Trevett Cristo Salzer & Andolina PC
The Top Counsel Award winners are:
• Michael Davis, associate counsel, Rochester City School District
•M. Aileen Shinaman, senior counsel, Office of Counsel to the Medical Center, University of Rochester.
The awards event will run from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at the Hyatt Regency Rochester, 125 E. Main St. For more details and ticket information, visit The Daily Record’s website at https://nydailyrecord.com/attorneys-of-the-year.