The Legal Aid Society of Rochester, NY is seeking a qualified attorney to provide legal representation to minors in Monroe County. This position will work with Family Court including juvenile delinquency, PINS, abuse/neglect, foster care placement, and custody/visitation cases. The attorney will have the opportunity to be part of a team of professionals who have dedicated themselves to the mission of LAS, which is the provision of high quality civil legal services to low and moderate income litigants. Services include direct representation, legal counseling, community outreach, education, and training.
- Must possess a Juris Doctor.
- Admission to the New York State Bar required.
- The ideal candidate will possess a high level of organization and independence, legal research skills, strong negotiating ability, ability to think and speak quickly and accurately.
- Excellent writing skills, respect, and consideration for clients and demonstrate the ability to work effectively with others in a team.
- Reliable transportation required.
Please send the following information to be considered:
- Cover Letter
- Professional References
- Writing Sample
- Unofficial Transcripts (if admitted under five years)
Send the following information to:
Human Resources, The Legal Aid Society of Rochester, NY, 1 West Main Street, Suite 800 Rochester, N.Y., 14614.
LASROC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and desires a diverse workforce. People of color, women, persons with disabilities, persons who are elderly, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender are welcomed and encouraged to apply.