The Daily Record has named its 2020 Excellence in Law Award winners, recognizing 38 members of the legal community for their outstanding work.
Nominations for all of the awards were received from The Daily Record’s readers in addition to area law firms, bar associations and the legal community at large. Nominees were asked to complete an application that outlined their career accomplishments, community involvement and mentoring activities that distinguish their work in the legal community. Winners were selected by The Daily record’s editors in four categories: Top Women in Law, Up & Coming Attorneys, Civil Legal Services Award and Unsung Legal Heroes.
“The impact of this year’s Excellence in Law honorees is impressive. Their notable contributions to their profession and to the community are outstanding,” said Suzanne Fischer-Huettner, group publisher of The Daily Record. “The Top Women in Law, Up & Coming Attorneys, Civil Legal Services Award winners and Unsung Legal Heroes inspire positive change within the profession and in the community. The Daily Record is pleased to recognize this year’s honorees.”
Top Women in Law awards recognize the outstanding accomplishments of female attorneys who are making notable contributions to the legal profession while inspiring positive change in the community. The Up & Coming Attorneys category honors those who demonstrate professional accomplishment, community service and a strong commitment to the legal profession early in their careers. To be considered, nominees must be admitted to the bar for 10 years or less. The Civil Legal Services Award honors attorneys from area civil legal services. The Unsung Legal Heroes category honors staff members — paralegals, legal secretaries, administrators, law librarians and legal marketers — who help lawyers achieve success.
The 2020 Excellence in Law Awards will be presented June 24 at a luncheon and awards reception starting at 11:30 a.m. at the Hyatt Regency Rochester, 125 East Main St. in Rochester. Winners will be profiled in a special magazine that will be inserted into the June 25 issue of The Daily Record and available online at www.NYDailyRecord.com.
For more information about sponsorships and tickets for the Excellence in Law Awards, visit www.NYDailyRecord.com or call 585-363-7271.
The 2020 honorees are:
Top Women in Law
- Karlee Bolaños, Bolaños Lowe PLLC
- Jody E. Briandi, Hurwitz & Fine P.C.
- Tonia M. Ettinger, Monroe County Family Court
- Tina Monshipour Foster, Volunteer Legal Services Project of Monroe County Inc.
- Elizabeth Kraengel, Duke Holzman Photiadis & Gresens LLP
- Rashondra M. Martin, New York State Unified Court System
- Kate McClung, Bond Schoeneck & King
- Kristin Merrick, Faraci Lange LLP
- Lisa M. Powers, Harris Beach PLLC
- Maria J. Cubillos Reed, Cubillos Reed Law, PLLC
- Sharon Kelly Sayers, Ryan & Sayers
- Linda R. Shaw, Knauf Shaw LLP
- Jennifer Sommers, NYS Office of the Attorney General
- Sandra E. Volta, Wiedman, Vazzana, Corcoran & Volta, P.C.
Up & Coming Attorneys
- Siddharth Bahl, McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- Claire Galbraith Bopp, Bond, Schoeneck & King, PLLC
- Emily R.L. Cohen, Harter Secrest & Emery LLP
- Kara Eyre, Gibson, McAskill & Crosby LLP
- Tammy L. Garcia-Klipfel, Woods Oviatt Gilman LLP
- Michael Houck, Monroe County District Attorney’s Office
- Katerina M. Kramarchyk, Ward Greenberg Heller & Reidy
- Timothy W. Menasco, Harter Secrest & Emery LLP
- Lauren R. Mendolera, Harter Secrest & Emery LLP
- Anthony Orphe, City of Rochester/Department of Environmental Services
- Samantha Parisi, Parisi & Bellavia Law Firm
- Safa Robinson-Ferrer, The Robinson Law Firm
- Gregory Paul Salmon, The Law Offices of Gregory Paul Salmon, P.C.
- Aaradhana Tomar, Law Offices of Pullano & Farrow PLLC
- Jamie Winnick, Woods Oviatt Gilman LLP
- Franz M. Wright, Nixon Peabody LLP
Civil Legal Services Award
- Ross T. Pattison, LawNY
- Rebecca N. Russo, LawNY
Unsung Legal Heroes
- Jihan Abdurrafi, Empire Justice Center
- Jennifer Gorankoff Katz, All New York Process Servers Inc.
- Donna Parsons, Santiago Burger LLP
- Kristen W. Ryan, Harris Beach PLLC/HB Solutions LLC
- James Trombino, Law Offices of Pullano & Farrow PLLC
- Christina Weymann, Lacy Katzen LLP
The Daily Record is committed to bringing business professionals together to recognize leaders and build business relationships but we are also committed to achieving this in a safe environment. We will continue to follow CDC guidelines for all in-person events.