Attorney (Labor Relations Specialist)
(Full-time position, 12 months/yr.)
Salary/Pay Scale: $80,000 – $95,000/Year
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Illustrative):
• Perform research and prepare memorandums and analyses regarding a wide array of labor relations, employee relations, personnel/human resources, and education-related issues
• Serve as chief negotiator in collective bargaining
• Prepares documents/contracts/leases
• Conduct investigations regarding allegations of harassment, employee misconduct, et al.
• Serve as hearing officer in superintendent’s (student discipline) hearings
• Create outlines and power points and deliver presentations/trainings
• Make presentations on various labor-related topics
• Review and compare data for labor contracts
• Prepare and compile comparative data after review of contracts, personnel/human resources policies, et al.
• Serve as school district/BOCES representative in hearings and proceedings (i.e., grievance proceedings, arbitrations, PERB hearings, Unemployment Insurance hearings, Section 75 hearings, et al.)
• Provide prompt responses to district inquiries effectively and efficiently
• Perform human resources and personnel functions, including but not limited to, administering collective bargaining agreements, employee contracts, policies, and non-bargaining unit terms and conditions
• Establish and maintain effective professional relationships
• Perform other assigned duties and responsibilities as requested
• Must be admitted to the New York State Bar and in good standing and have legal or labor relations experience.
• Experience in negotiating labor contracts and familiarity with school/education are desirable.
• Candidate must have strong written and oral communication skills, be detail-oriented and have the ability to demonstrate professional composure and aptitude in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
SEND APPLICATION/LETTER OF INTEREST TO
Dr. Clark J. Godshall
4232 Shelby Basin Road, Medina, New York 14103
Fax: (585) 798-1317 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org