Recent Articles from Andrea Deckert
Goodwill of the Finger Lakes and the 7th Judicial District have collaborated to establish the Community Connections Desk at the Monroe County Hall of Justice.
A local state senator has expressed disappointment over a ruling earlier this week to temporarily stop the awarding of conditional cannabis retail licenses in New York.
When the city embarked on the Inner Loop North Transformation project a few years ago, a group of residents on both sides of the highway banded together to ensure the project resulted in an equitable space that was accessible for all. The group — called Hinge Neighbors — used the inner loop as a hinge […]
The rise in popularity of artificial intelligence in business has its pros and cons when it comes to cybersecurity, according to David Wolf, vice president of Just Solutions Inc. On one hand, it can help advance a business and even detect certain cyberthreats against a company, Wolf said. Conversely, however, the technology is used by […]
Rochester Area Crime Stoppers has launched its Dog Days of Summer K9 Campaign to raise funds for the K9 Initiative.
New York’s Cannabis Control Board approved 34 Conditional Adult Use Retail Dispensary licenses, including the first seven for the Finger Lakes region.
The 2022 Hon. Michael F. Dillon Attorney for Children Awards were presented in the Appellate Division of state Supreme Court, Fourth Department.
New York’s Cannabis Control Board announced that it has approved a settlement for a lawsuit filed by an out-of-state business owner.
A federal lawsuit filed by four women last week claims Roberts Wesleyan University failed to address allegations of sexual misconduct.
Not only is it important to look at estate planning options early, but the process is also not complicated; and while it can have upfront costs, it pays off eventually.
Small business funding is the top regulatory issue employees should monitor in the new year, according to a recently released list compiled by Paychex Inc.
- Fourth Department – Breach of contract: Hausrath Landscape Maintenance Inc. v. Caravan Facilities Management LLC
- Second Circuit – New York Child Victim’s Act: Kane v. Mount Pleasant CSD; Coe v. Eastport Union Free School
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Appointing law clerk: Opinion 22-149
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Greenlight Networks selects Buffalo-based attorney as general counsel
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers