Recent Articles from Bennett Loudon
A New York appeals court has affirmed a murder conviction despite an error by the trial judge.
A New York appeals court has upheld a conviction in a burglary case and ruled that the defendant did not unequivocally invoke his right to an attorney.
A federal appeals court has reinstated a lawsuit in Chemung County where the plaintiff claims his civil rights were violated.
A New York appeals court has reversed a lower court and reinstated a lawsuit over a contract to remove snow.
A New York appeals court has affirmed a lower court ruling that awarded a payment of $439,499.76 in a contract dispute.
A New York appeals court has affirmed a lower court ruling in a property dispute with a minor modification.
A Buffalo-based attorney has been appointed general counsel at Greenlight Networks, the high-speed fiber internet service provider.
A Rochester man is seeking more than $2.1 million from the village of Geneseo in a federal lawsuit claiming false arrest, malicious prosecution, and assault.
Amy L. Hemenway has been named partner-in-charge of the Buffalo office of Harter Secrest & Emery LLP.
A New York appeals court has canceled a fine imposed against a Rochester nursing home by the state Health Department.
- Court of Appeals – Speedy trial: People v. Justice A.
- Fourth Department – Traffic stop: People v. McMillon
- Second Circuit – Fair Labor Standards Act: Abbott v. Comme Des Garcons, Ltd.
- Second Circuit – Plea agreements: Cook v. United States
- Fourth Department: Statute of limitations: Marino v. Weiler
- Fourth Department – Nail and mail service: Rebutting presumption of service L&W Supply Corporation v. Built-Rite Drywall Corp, et al
- Fourth Department – Mental Hygiene Law: Charles L. v. State of New York
- Second Circuit – Medicaid and Medicare certification: U.S. ex rel. Quartararo v. Cath. Health Sys. Of Long Island Inc.
- Fourth Department – Waiver of indictment: People v. King
- Fourth Department – Speedy trial: People v. Jordan
- Fourth Department – Rosario material: People v. Dennard
- Second Circuit – Magnuson-Stevens Act: State of New York v. Raimondo
- Split court affirms gun conviction
- N.Y. Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction
- NY board approves cannabis lawsuit settlements, paves way for retail dispensaries
- NY Court of Appeals reverses murder conviction because of illegal police search
- NY Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction over ineffective counsel
- Split court affirms gun conviction, finding search and arrest were legal
- NY appeals court vacates drug conviction over illegal police search
- Split Court of Appeals strips Police Accountability Board of disciplinary power