Recent Articles from Bennett Loudon
A New York appeals court has ordered a new trial in a burglary case because of a problem with jury selection.
A federal judge has dismissed Monroe County Sheriff Todd Baxter from a lawsuit related to a fatal shooting.
Court of Appeals – Breach of implied covenant of good faith: Municipal enforcement of regulations – General Business Law Singh, et al. v. City of New York, et al.
New York State Court of Appeals Breach of implied covenant of good faith Municipal enforcement of regulations – General Business Law Singh, et al. v. City of New York, et al. No. 22 Judge Cannataro Background: The plaintiffs are entities that purchased yellow cab medallions from the defendant Taxi and Limousine Commission at a 2013 […]
An arbitrator has awarded damages of $1.4 million to an Oswego County nursing home patient for negligent care.
Rochester law firm Thomas & Solomon LLP has settled a whistleblower lawsuit for $23.8 million.
In a split decision, a New York appeals court has affirmed a decision to grant a motion to dismiss a lawsuit against the town of Amherst.
The New York State Court of Appeals has sent a case back to the lower court for a hearing after a defendant was required to wear a stun belt during his murder trial.
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Verdugo v. Fox Building Group
- Fourth Department – Out-of-possession landlord: Truax v. M.D. Meyer’s Properties
- Fourth Department – Discovery: Sylvester v. Sanders
- Fourth Department – Out-of-possession landlord: Smith v. Marshall Farms Group, et al.
- Second Circuit – Supervised release: United States v. Francis
- Fourth Department – Court of Claims: Santiago v. State of New York
- Fourth Department – Peremptory challenge: People v. Santiago
- Fourth Department – Negligence: Scime v. Hale Northeastern
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers
- Appeals court cancels fine against Rochester nursing home
- Deal reached to protect reproductive health care rights at Jefferson County jail
- $1.5M settlement reached in fatal shooting by Canandaigua police officer
- Orleans County lawsuit against Genesee County threatens STAMP development