INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indiana’s attorney general has sued the state’s largest hospital system, claiming it violated patient privacy laws when a doctor publicly shared the story of an Ohio girl who traveled to Indiana for an abortion. The lawsuit, last week in Indianapolis federal court, marked Attorney General Todd Rokita’s latest attempt to seek disciplinary […]
Hunter Biden sued the Internal Revenue Service on Monday, alleging that two agents who claimed interference into the case against him wrongly shared his personal tax information amid escalating legal and political struggles as the 2024 election looms. The suit says the agents “targeted and sought to embarrass Mr. Biden.” Biden says federal whistleblower protections […]
Employers must provide information on unemployment insurance when there are separations or when a reduction of hours results in unemployment eligibility.
A New York appeals court has canceled a fine imposed against a Rochester nursing home by the state Health Department.
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — When the Brazilian prosecutor in charge of a homicide case targeting Danelo Cavalcante saw footage of the 34-year-old crabwalk out of a U.S. prison last month, he thought the fugitive might try to head home, where he stood to receive a considerably lighter sentence. Cavalcante fled Brazil in 2018, several […]
Two properties at the former site of Vacuum Oil on Flint Street in Rochester, once the target of redevelopment by Thomas Masaschi’s DHD Ventures and an area still beset by environmental contamination, have been sold. ExxonMobil purchased 15 Flint St. for $995,000 and 5 Flint St. for $280,000 from One Flint St LLC, an entity […]
An agreement has been reached with the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office to protect incarcerated individuals’ rights to reproductive health care.
A Rochester company and one of its leaders have pleaded guilty in Wayne County Court for their roles in the illegal disposal of 800 tons of waste.
NEW YORK (AP) — A federal appeals court will quickly consider former President Donald Trump’s claim that presidential immunity protects him from being held liable for statements he made in 2019 when he denied that he sexually attacked a New York writer in the 1990s, the court said Wednesday. The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of […]
WASHINGTON (AP) — Joseph Padilla, a Tennessee man who wrote on social media about wanting to “take over the Capitol building” before the Jan. 6, 2021, riot, where he threw a flagpole at a police officer’s head, was sentenced on Wednesday to more than six years in prison. Padilla was convicted in May of assault […]
Part of a federal lawsuit filed by the family of a woman fatally shot in her own home by a Canandaigua police officer has been settled for $1.5 million.
A jury was set to hear closing arguments Wednesday in the fourth trial connected to a scheme by anti-government extremists to kidnap Michigan’s governor and inspire a civil war just ahead of the 2020 presidential election. William Null, twin brother Michael Null and Eric Molitor are the last of 14 men to face charges in […]
- Fourth Department – Breach of contract: Hausrath Landscape Maintenance Inc. v. Caravan Facilities Management LLC
- Second Circuit – New York Child Victim’s Act: Kane v. Mount Pleasant CSD; Coe v. Eastport Union Free School
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Appointing law clerk: Opinion 22-149
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Greenlight Networks selects Buffalo-based attorney as general counsel
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers