Reed Eye Associates promoted Jamie Dettman from staff optician to optical coordinator at its new Newark office. Dettman will be responsible for managing the optical boutique and fitting and dispensing eyewear.
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield appointed Wheeler G. Coleman to be senior vice president and chief information officer for the nonprofit health insurer and its parent organization, The Lifetime Healthcare Companies. Coleman has nearly 30 years of experience in information technology with Health Care Service Corp., the country’s largest customer-owned health insurer and fourth largest health insure[...]
Erdman Anthony added Louise Kuipers as senior mechanical engineer in commissioning services and Sameer Bhise as project engineer in the Rochester Facilities group. Kuipers has experience in facilities and manufacturing process design as well as capital project management. Bhise will perform Building Information Modeling, Computational Fluid Dynamics studies and energy modeling associated with the [...]
Brad Kelley joined RE/MAX Custom. He was formerly with J.Vincent Real Estate, a small independent residential real estate company.
Centra Financial Group Inc. named Randy S. Schuster as its 2012 Leader Of The Year. Schuster earned Million Dollar Round Table Top of the Table honors for 2012, which represents the top 1 percent of the industry.
Damon Morey LLP partner Beth Ann Bivona was elected to the Upstate New York Turnaround Management Association Advisory Board of Directors. Additionally, Bivona is serving on the Programs Committee where she is assisting in the planning of regional TMA events.
Hurwitz & Fine PC senior member Dan D. Kohane received the John E. Leach Memorial Award from the Torts Insurance Compensation Law Section of the New York State Bar Association during the annual dinner in New York City.
Phillips Lytle LLP partner Timothy W. Hoover was elected president of the board of directors of Neighborhood Legal Services Inc. Hoover previously served as vice president. In addition, Phillips Lytle attorney Jennifer A. Beckage now serves as chair of the Bar Association of Erie County’s Admission to the Bar Committee.
Glenn Dunham joined Sage Rutty as IT systems engineer. Dunham is an IBM AIX Certified Support Specialist and has 16 years experience in multiple high availability server platforms and environments.
Centra Financial Group Inc. appointed Matthew Prok as an associate.
Thomas Harrington, Mark Callahan, Rich Vogelzang and Sandi Harvill have joined Keller Williams Realty Market Center.
Manning Squires Hennig hired Jeffrey House as project manager, Mike Loveland as project manager and estimator, Clayton Potter as project manager, Jodi-Lynn Phillips as administrative assistant, and Carolyn Stroka as receptionist. House will be coordinating MSH’s project at Rochester City School District’s World of Inquiry School No. 58. Loveland’s responsibilities include working with projec[...]
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Verdugo v. Fox Building Group
- Fourth Department – Out-of-possession landlord: Truax v. M.D. Meyer’s Properties
- Fourth Department – Discovery: Sylvester v. Sanders
- Fourth Department – Out-of-possession landlord: Smith v. Marshall Farms Group, et al.
- Second Circuit – Supervised release: United States v. Francis
- Fourth Department – Court of Claims: Santiago v. State of New York
- Fourth Department – Peremptory challenge: People v. Santiago
- Fourth Department – Negligence: Scime v. Hale Northeastern
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers
- Appeals court cancels fine against Rochester nursing home
- Deal reached to protect reproductive health care rights at Jefferson County jail
- $1.5M settlement reached in fatal shooting by Canandaigua police officer
- Orleans County lawsuit against Genesee County threatens STAMP development