Manning Squires Hennig hired Jeffrey House as project manager, Mike Loveland as project manager and estimator, Clayton Potter as project manager, Jodi-Lynn Phillips as administrative assistant, and Carolyn Stroka as receptionist. House will be coordinating MSH’s project at Rochester City School District’s World of Inquiry School No. 58. Loveland’s responsibilities include working with projec[...]
Dr. Joan L. Thomas has been selected to represent the Rochester community in the publication of “The Leading Physicians of the World.” Thomas is chief of cardiology for Unity Health System and works at University Cardiovascular Associates.
Annette Leahy was appointed president of Unity Health Foundation. Leahy has been with the foundation since October 2011 supporting many fundraising initiatives, as well as streamlining operations.
M&T Bank named Spiro Ziogas as branch manager for its Brockport branch at 6560 Fourth Section Road, and added Patrick Socker as assistant vice president and commercial branch manager at the 28 East Main St. location. Ziogas will lead outreach to individual and small business customers to understand their needs and deliver solutions that help […]
President and CEO of Hillside Family of Agencies, Dennis Richardson, was named chairman of the board of the Alliance for Children and Families. Richardson was previously vice chair of the Alliance board and will serve a three-year term.
Visiting Nurse Service of Rochester and Monroe County Inc. added two new members to its Board of Directors: Irene Burke and Ginny Ryan. Burke is a principal and consulting actuary of the Actuarial Services Division of Burke Group. Ryan is a 13WHAM news anchor for 13WHAM Television, the local ABC affiliate.
Buckingham Properties hired Paul W. Schroeder II as project manager. Schroeder will be responsible for oversight of tenant construction and build-outs.
Christopher M. Johnston, a member of the Audit and Compliance division with EFP Rotenberg, has been admitted as partner. Johnston is responsible for arranging the attest engagements, leading the employee benefits service line and is developing the new private equity and due diligence sectors of the firm.
Modica & Associates, Attorneys PLLC added Katherine Gavagan as an associate attorney. Before joining Modica & Associates, Gavagan worked as an associate attorney for five years with a Tampa, Fla., law firm that concentrated its practice in workers’ compensation cases.
Nixon Peabody LLP added David Stimson and Katherine Baynes to its Rochester office. Stimson joins the firm’s Brands and Creations practice after 26 years at Eastman Kodak Co., including 14 years as chief trademark counsel. As a public finance attorney, Baynes represents government authorities, issuers and underwriters in connection with industrial development revenue bonds, civic […]
The Gunlocke Co. of Wayland hired Sandra Testa and Eric Pettee. Testa joined the Strategic Procurement Team as a senior buyer, and Pettee will support overall company operations as a division finance controller.
Meghan Brown, Gary Phillips and Ryan Pitman have joined Goldberg Segalla as associates in its Buffalo office. Brown is part of the firm’s General Liability Practice Group, while Phillips and Pitman joined the Business and Commercial Practice Group. In addition, three attorneys from the firm were appointed to leadership positions within the Defense Research Institute: […]
- Second Circuit – Plea agreements: Cook v. United States
- Fourth Department: Statute of limitations: Marino v. Weiler
- Fourth Department – Nail and mail service: Rebutting presumption of service L&W Supply Corporation v. Built-Rite Drywall Corp, et al
- Fourth Department – Mental Hygiene Law: Charles L. v. State of New York
- Second Circuit – Medicaid and Medicare certification: U.S. ex rel. Quartararo v. Cath. Health Sys. Of Long Island Inc.
- Fourth Department – Waiver of indictment: People v. King
- Fourth Department – Speedy trial: People v. Jordan
- Fourth Department – Rosario material: People v. Dennard
- Second Circuit – Magnuson-Stevens Act: State of New York v. Raimondo
- Fourth Department – Plea: People v. Davis
- Second Circuit – Revocation of minimum sentence: Bangs v. Walter William Smith, et al.
- Fourth Department – Relation-back doctrine: CHS Inc. v. Land O’Lakes Purina Feed, et al.
- Split court affirms gun conviction
- N.Y. Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction
- NY board approves cannabis lawsuit settlements, paves way for retail dispensaries
- NY Court of Appeals reverses murder conviction because of illegal police search
- NY Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction over ineffective counsel
- Split court affirms gun conviction, finding search and arrest were legal
- NY appeals court vacates drug conviction over illegal police search
- Split Court of Appeals strips Police Accountability Board of disciplinary power