Hodgson Russ elected three Buffalo-based attorneys to partner: Jessica Bilkey, Joseph Brown and Joshua Feinstein. Bilkey is a member of the firm’s Federal/International Tax Practice Group. Brown, a member of the Business Litigation Practice Group, concentrates in employment-related litigation, defending employers in lawsuits involving harassment, discrimination, whistleblower claims, breach of c[...]
Hiscock & Barclay LLP promoted John Gaughan to partner. Gaughan resides in the Buffalo office and is a member of the firm’s Torts & Products Liability Defense, Commercial Litigation and Creditors’ Rights Practice Areas. His practice has focused on civil litigation with a concentration in the area of general torts liability defense matters in state […]
Rochester Rehabilitation appointed Gregory Wolfe to vice president of operations of OutSource, Rochester Rehabilitation’s employment, training, and work experience division. Wolfe has experience in the military, retail, and manufacturing industries in a variety of markets including glass, plastics molding and assembly, and high tech safes.
Michael Marsch, general manager of the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, was elected president of the Rochester Hotel Association. Marsch, who has been vice president of the RHA for the past year, was previously president of the Western New York Hotel Association in Buffalo.
William M. Guthrie joined Northwest Savings Bank as corporate senior vice president and senior executive of the bank’s Wealth Management Division. Guthrie is responsible for the management and delivery of investment and trust services, customer relationship management, business development and all other aspects of the operations and personnel of the Wealth Management Division across the [&hellip[...]
Dr. Jack Connell was named executive vice president of Roberts Wesleyan College, overseeing all day-to-day operations for the college. He will continue to manage the office of advancement and external relations, including leadership of an upcoming capital campaign to build a new science and nursing center.
Buckingham Properties hired Adam Borrell, who is responsible for leasing and tenant relations for Buckingham’s commercial office properties.
Dan Smith joined the Rochester Business Alliance as director of communications. Smith is responsible for planning, directing and implementing public relations and communications programs.
Clark Patterson Lee hired David Schoell as architectural designer and draftsman; promoted Jason Benfante and Michael Laco from associates to senior associates; and promoted Susan Clark, Katherine Metcalfe and Michelle Trott from senior associates to principal associates. Schoell will be responsible for schematic design, design development, construction documents, 3D renderings, and construction ad[...]
Trevett Cristo Salzer & Andolina PC named Eric Dolan partner effective Jan. 1. Dolan focuses on civil and criminal litigation and appeals.
Harris Beach PLLC attorneys Marybeth Frantz, Gavin Lankford, Kevin Overton and Sara Visingard were elected partners of the firm effective Jan. 1. Frantz is a member of the Public Finance and Economic Development and Tax Law Practice Groups. Lankford is a member of the Construction and Surety Law and the Business and Commercial Litigation Practice […]
Rochester City Ballet added the following to its board of directors: Bonnie Bittner, esthetician, Del Monte Spa; Jim Bourdeau, partner, Nixon Peabody LLP; Katie Bresnan, senior director of advancement for heart and vascular and CEO liaison, University of Rochester Medical Center; Barbara Nino, president of International Art Acquisitions, Inc.; Stella Plutino-Calabrese, assistant professor, Nazaret[...]
- Fourth Department – Mental Hygiene Law: Charles L. v. State of New York
- Second Circuit – Medicaid and Medicare certification: U.S. ex rel. Quartararo v. Cath. Health Sys. Of Long Island Inc.
- Fourth Department – Waiver of indictment: People v. King
- Fourth Department – Speedy trial: People v. Jordan
- Fourth Department – Rosario material: People v. Dennard
- Second Circuit – Magnuson-Stevens Act: State of New York v. Raimondo
- Fourth Department – Plea: People v. Davis
- Second Circuit – Revocation of minimum sentence: Bangs v. Walter William Smith, et al.
- Fourth Department – Relation-back doctrine: CHS Inc. v. Land O’Lakes Purina Feed, et al.
- Fourth Department – Unlawful arrest: People v. Burke
- Fourth Department – Attempted criminal possession of a controlled substance: People v. Brown
- Second Circuit – Immigration: Paucar v. Garland
- N.Y. Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction
- NY board approves cannabis lawsuit settlements, paves way for retail dispensaries
- NY Court of Appeals reverses murder conviction because of illegal police search
- NY Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction over ineffective counsel
- Split court affirms gun conviction, finding search and arrest were legal
- NY appeals court vacates drug conviction over illegal police search
- Split Court of Appeals strips Police Accountability Board of disciplinary power
- Manslaughter conviction reversed after appeals court finds insufficient evidence