Nixon Peabody LLP announces the addition of Conor Tallet as an associate in the firm’s Labor & Employment practice group. His work with the group will involve employment litigation and other aspects of labor and employment law. Tallet’s past experience includes representing whistleblowers under the False Claims Act as well as employees who had their […]
Ganguly Brothers PLLC announces Roman Misula has been named partner. Misula joined the Ganguly Brothers team in 2018 and has represented clients facing a wide range of legal problems. He has utilized his experience as a former prosecutor to successfully defend clients charged with criminal offenses from DWI to drug possession and murder charges. Roman also represents clients in […]
Nolan J. Lafler has been named a partner at Blitman & King LLP’s labor and employment law Department in Rochester. Lafler’s practice includes all facets of collective bargaining, grievance and interest arbitration as well as proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and Public Employment Relations Board (PERB). He also handles matters of internal […]
Mark F. Pincelli has joined Phillips Lytle LLP as an associate in the firm’s Rochester office. Pincelli concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial litigation and labor and employment litigation. He also has experience litigating medical malpractice matters. Pincelli received his bachelor’s degree from Alfred University, his master’s degree from St. John Fisher College and [&hellip[...]
Jeniffer Taylor has joined the Rochester office of Ward Greenberg Heller & Reidy LLP as a new associate. Taylor will represent clients in civil and business litigation defense matters. She is a 2019 summa cum laude graduate of Syracuse University College of Law where she was recognized with the CALI Award for Excellence in several […]
Christopher J. Lattuca has joined Vahey Getz LLP as an associate attorney. Lattuca has experience in civil actions such as breach of contract, business torts, construction disputes, personal injury and insurance claims. He also served as a visiting speech and debate instructor at the University of Rochester. Lattuca received his law degree at Syracuse University […]
Kimberly A. Glennon has joined The Glennon Law Firm. Kimberly A. Glennon represents individuals in a broad range of employment matters. She was included in the 2020 edition of The Best Lawyers in America in the practice areas of employment law, individuals and litigation, labor and employment.
Ward Greenberg Heller & Reidy LLP announces that Victoria Viola has joined the firm’s Rochester office as a paralegal. Viola will provide support to litigation partners and associates in tort, product liability and commercial matters. A Brockport native, Viola recently graduated with honors with dual bachelor’s degrees in history and political science from SUNY Binghamton’s. She se[...]
Lipsitz & Ponterio LLC announces that Katherine Dibble has joined the firm as an associate attorney. Dibble will focus her practice on the representation of injured workers and their families in front of the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board. Dibble received her undergraduate degree from Binghamton University and her J.D. from the University at […]
Gross Shuman announces that Matt Chandler has been named director of marketing and business development. In this role, Chandler is charged with overseeing all aspects of marketing, public relations and business development for the Buffalo-based law firm. Chandler brings more than two decades of experience in both journalism and marketing to his new role. He is a […]
The Law Offices of Pullano & Farrow announce the addition of Sarah Gyimah as a summer associate. Gyimah attained her first undergraduate law degree at the University of Ghana School of Law in 2018 where she focused on international human rights law. She is currently pursuing an advanced two-year J.D. program at the University at Buffalo School […]
Tully Rinckey PLLC announces that Ryan Thompson has been chosen to lead the Title IX, sexual misconduct and harassment/discrimination practice group. He is based in Buffalo and New York City. Thompson worked as an investigative journalist and newspaper editor investigating crimes and misconduct in Boston and New York City. He also litigated at a law […]
- Fourth Department – Mental Hygiene Law: Charles L. v. State of New York
- Second Circuit – Medicaid and Medicare certification: U.S. ex rel. Quartararo v. Cath. Health Sys. Of Long Island Inc.
- Fourth Department – Waiver of indictment: People v. King
- Fourth Department – Speedy trial: People v. Jordan
- Fourth Department – Rosario material: People v. Dennard
- Second Circuit – Magnuson-Stevens Act: State of New York v. Raimondo
- Fourth Department – Plea: People v. Davis
- Second Circuit – Revocation of minimum sentence: Bangs v. Walter William Smith, et al.
- Fourth Department – Relation-back doctrine: CHS Inc. v. Land O’Lakes Purina Feed, et al.
- Fourth Department – Unlawful arrest: People v. Burke
- Fourth Department – Attempted criminal possession of a controlled substance: People v. Brown
- Second Circuit – Immigration: Paucar v. Garland
- N.Y. Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction
- NY board approves cannabis lawsuit settlements, paves way for retail dispensaries
- NY Court of Appeals reverses murder conviction because of illegal police search
- NY Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction over ineffective counsel
- Split court affirms gun conviction, finding search and arrest were legal
- NY appeals court vacates drug conviction over illegal police search
- Split Court of Appeals strips Police Accountability Board of disciplinary power
- Manslaughter conviction reversed after appeals court finds insufficient evidence