André L. Lindsay joined Harter Secrest & Emery LLP. Lindsay represents both public and private sector employers in civil rights, labor and employment cases. He counsels clients on all aspects of labor and employment law. He also defends against claims of employment discrimination and sexual harassment before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the […]
Unity Health System’s Dr. Albert Jones, chairman of the OB/GYN department, is the recipient of the 2012 Patients’ Choice award. The Patients’ Choice honor is given as a reflection of patients’ continued appreciation and praise for the quality of care and service from their provider.
Aaron J. Aisen joined Goldberg Segalla LLP in Buffalo as an associate in its Global Insurance Services and E-Discovery Practice Groups. Aisen focuses his practice on insurance regulatory matters and electronic discovery. He brings a deep background in policy, management, and law at the local, state, national and international levels.
Yvonne E. Hennessey joined Hiscock & Barclay LLP’s Albany office as a partner in the firm’s Energy and Environmental practice areas. She has experience representing clients in the oil and gas sector on complex regulatory and litigation matters and, more specifically, shale development matters. Hennessey also has experience in the Clean Air Act, hazardous waste […]
Karl S. Essler, senior counsel in the Rochester office of Bond, Schoeneck & King PLLC, has completed training sponsored by the New York State Bar Association to serve as a mediator in all forms of civil litigation, including commercial, construction, real estate, land use, personal injury and employment disputes.
Luis Emilio Ormaechea was elected to the board of directors of the Rochester Hispanic Business Association. Ormaechea practices corporate, intellectual property and real estate law at Underberg & Kessler LLP. He serves as a member of the marketing committee of the Genesee Center for the Arts and Education and is on the board of Literacy […]
Leah George has joined the Greater Rochester Enterprise economic development team as an international trade associate. She brings with her more than 11 years of communications experience, most recently as a reporter and anchor with YNN Rochester. George will be responsible for promoting international trade, and supporting business attraction and expansion throughout the Greater Rochester […[...]
Claire Geiser has been hired as account coordinator in the account service department at Roberts Communications. Previously the account service intern, Geiser will support the Security Health Plan team with the coordination of day-to-day client-related and administrative activities, including tracking and monitoring of project timelines, budgets and reports.
Five Star Bank hired Laura Marlowe as senior project manager and vice president at its Tobey Village processing center. Marlowe is responsible for managing all existing deposit products and deposit-related services; developing and implementing new deposit products and deposit-related services; and pricing, reporting and monitoring various other products and services.
Unity Health System added Dr. David J. Gill, Dr. Ben L. LaPlante and Dr. Farhad Nasar. Gill will practice at Unity Neurosciences/Neurology. He is certified in the subspecialty of behavioral neurology and neuropsychiatry, specializing in dementia. LaPlante will join the Unity Neurosciences/Spine Center team. His areas of expertise include back and neck treatment, including epidural […]
Finger Lakes Technologies Group Inc. hired Brian Masker as a procurement clerk. Masker is responsible for procuring customer orders, reviewing service orders and managing inventory, and for acquiring goods and services at the best possible cost.
Roberts Communications promoted Katrina Busch to group account director overseeing business-to-business account relationships. Busch works with a variety of clients, including Xerox, ITT Goulds Pumps and Mohawk Paper. She will be responsible for providing strategy and direction to her clients as well as managing and motivating the account service team at Roberts.
- Court of Appeals – Speedy trial: People v. Justice A.
- Fourth Department – Traffic stop: People v. McMillon
- Second Circuit – Fair Labor Standards Act: Abbott v. Comme Des Garcons, Ltd.
- Second Circuit – Plea agreements: Cook v. United States
- Fourth Department: Statute of limitations: Marino v. Weiler
- Fourth Department – Nail and mail service: Rebutting presumption of service L&W Supply Corporation v. Built-Rite Drywall Corp, et al
- Fourth Department – Mental Hygiene Law: Charles L. v. State of New York
- Second Circuit – Medicaid and Medicare certification: U.S. ex rel. Quartararo v. Cath. Health Sys. Of Long Island Inc.
- Fourth Department – Waiver of indictment: People v. King
- Fourth Department – Speedy trial: People v. Jordan
- Fourth Department – Rosario material: People v. Dennard
- Second Circuit – Magnuson-Stevens Act: State of New York v. Raimondo
- Split court affirms gun conviction
- N.Y. Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction
- NY board approves cannabis lawsuit settlements, paves way for retail dispensaries
- NY Court of Appeals reverses murder conviction because of illegal police search
- NY Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction over ineffective counsel
- Split court affirms gun conviction, finding search and arrest were legal
- NY appeals court vacates drug conviction over illegal police search
- Split Court of Appeals strips Police Accountability Board of disciplinary power