Five Star Bank announced the appointment of John L. Rizzo to senior vice president and to corporate secretary to the company’s board of directors.
Nixon Peabody LLP attorney and Senior Environmental Health Engineer Libby Ford recently was honored with the Jane Ork Award from the New York Water Environment Association.
The law firm of Hiscock&Barclay LLP announced that Don H. Twietmeyer recently was named a partner to the firm.
John A. Cirando, an attorney with the Syracuse law firm of D. J. & J. A. Cirando was appointed as a trustee of the Interest on Lawyer Account Fund of the State of New York by Gov. David A. Paterson.
Citizens Financial Group Inc. announced the appointment of Dennis A. Devine to lead its U.S. retail banking division as Group Executive Vice President and Director of Retail Banking, effective Feb. 16.
The law firm of Harter Secrest & Emery LLP announced that Edward J. Snyder has joined the firm as an associate in the corporate group, concentrating his practice on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, finance, Native American law and general business matters.
The Buffalo office of Bond, Schoeneck & King PLLC recently elected Mark A. Moldenhauer to the firm’s membership. He counsels employers on a range of workplace matters and his practice includes litigating employment-related cases in federal and state courts. He also represents employers before various governmental agencies, including the EEOC, NYSDHR and the NLRB. […]
- Second Circuit – RICO: Horn v. Medical Marijuana Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Uncompensated interview: Opinion 22-159
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Uncompensated guest speaker: Opinion 22-158
- Fourth Department – Negligent performance: Rosenthal v. Syracuse University, et al.
- Second Circuit – Visual Artists Rights Act: Kerson v. Vermont Law School Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Former foreclosure referee: Opinion 22-157
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – College honorarium: Opinion 22-156
- Second Circuit – Reasonable accommodation: Tafolla v. Heilig
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Primisch v. Peroxychem LLC
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Judicial candidacy: Opinion 22-155
- Fourth Department – Defamation: Lavine v. Glavin
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Law clerk: Opinion 22-154
- Murder conviction affirmed despite trial judge error
- NY appeals court upholds conviction in burglary case
- Federal lawsuit reinstated against jail officer over strip search, delayed release
- Hyzon to pay $25M penalty to settle alleged fraud charges by SEC
- NY appeals court reinstates lawsuit over contract to remove snow
- Fourth Department affirms $400K judgment in contract dispute
- Fourth Department affirms decision in NY property dispute
- Greenlight Networks selects Buffalo-based attorney as general counsel