Ben King has joined LeChase Construction Services LLC as an assistant superintendent and project engineer in the firm’s Rochester office. King is managing the temporary warehouse for a current project where LeChase is purchasing several million dollars of process equipment. He is inspecting and tracking inventory and quality on components being delivered for the project. […]
Peter A. Bellacosa has joined Phillips Lytle LLP as a partner in the firm’s litigation group. Bellacosa brings three decades of experience litigating and trying cases for leading foreign and domestic companies in complex, high-stakes disputes. He will be based in the firm’s New York City and Albany offices. Bellacosa joins Phillips Lytle from Kirkland […]
The Zoghlin Group PLLC announces that Maggie Kolcon has joined the firm as a summer law clerk. As a Rochester native, Kolcon comes to the firm with experience from two previous legal internships. She earned her B.A. from the University of Michigan and looks forward to pursuing her J.D. at Pennsylvania State Law this fall. Information […]
The Zoghlin Group PLLC announces that Anisa Noor has joined the firm as an administrative assistant. Originally from Sacramento, California, Noor attended Sacramento City College and earned her Legal Assistant Certificate from MTI College. Information in On The Move is provided by the submitter. To submit an On The Move item, visit http://nydailyrecord.com/on-the-move-submission/.
Clark Patterson Lee announces Katelyn Bendert has been hired as a mechanical engineer. As mechanical engineer, Bendert will focus on HVAC and energy design along with plumbing and fire protection on a variety of project types. Prior to joining CPL, she interned at the Physical Facilities Department at Binghamton University, where she also earned a […]
Clark Patterson Lee announces Blair Benson has been hired as an architectural designer. In her new role, Benson will assist the architectural team with all aspects of design, including drafting, 3D modeling and client presentations. Prior to joining CPL as a full-time team member, she served as an intern while earning a master’s in architecture […]
Thomas Keable, a partner at Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP, was recently elected as a member of the Managing Chapter Council of The American Chamber of Commerce in Canada (AmCham Canada) Toronto – GTA Chapter. Information in On The Move is provided by the submitter. To submit an On The Move item, visit http://nydailyrecord.com/on-the-move-submission/.
Christopher J. Lattuca has joined Ward Greenberg Heller & Reidy LLP as a new associate in the firm’s Rochester office. Lattuca, a 2013 graduate of Syracuse University College of Law, has prior experience defending clients in medical malpractice claims, personal injury actions, and insurance coverage disputes. In law school, Lattuca served as executive editor on […]
Barton & Loguidice announces the hiring of Richard Weis as a construction manager in the firm’s solid waste group. Weis previously worked as a project manager at Seneca Meadows. He is an expert in landfill construction, landfill has collection and control systems, leachate management and condensate management. He obtained his B.S. in civil engineering from the State […]
Brian Ringenwald has joined LaBella as a civil engineer for the civil division and will be working out of LaBella’s Rochester office. He previously worked as a civil engineering intern at LaBella. He will be specializing in site design. Ringenwald currently resides in Rochester. Information in On The Move is provided by the submitter. To submit […]
Chloe Duncan has joined LaBella as a water/wastewater engineer for the civil division and will be working out of LaBella’s Rochester office. Duncan was previously a student at Clarkson University majoring in environmental engineering. She currently resides in Rochester. Information in On The Move is provided by the submitter. To submit an On The Move item, […]
Edgar Raven has joined LaBella as a senior engineer for the power systems division and will be working out of LaBella’s Rochester office. He has 40 years of experience in electrical distribution. Raven currently resides in Brighton. Information in On The Move is provided by the submitter. To submit an On The Move item, visit http://nydailyrecord.com/on-the-move-submission/.
- Court of Appeals – Speedy trial: People v. Justice A.
- Fourth Department – Traffic stop: People v. McMillon
- Second Circuit – Fair Labor Standards Act: Abbott v. Comme Des Garcons, Ltd.
- Second Circuit – Plea agreements: Cook v. United States
- Fourth Department: Statute of limitations: Marino v. Weiler
- Fourth Department – Nail and mail service: Rebutting presumption of service L&W Supply Corporation v. Built-Rite Drywall Corp, et al
- Fourth Department – Mental Hygiene Law: Charles L. v. State of New York
- Second Circuit – Medicaid and Medicare certification: U.S. ex rel. Quartararo v. Cath. Health Sys. Of Long Island Inc.
- Fourth Department – Waiver of indictment: People v. King
- Fourth Department – Speedy trial: People v. Jordan
- Fourth Department – Rosario material: People v. Dennard
- Second Circuit – Magnuson-Stevens Act: State of New York v. Raimondo
- Split court affirms gun conviction
- N.Y. Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction
- NY board approves cannabis lawsuit settlements, paves way for retail dispensaries
- NY Court of Appeals reverses murder conviction because of illegal police search
- NY Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction over ineffective counsel
- Split court affirms gun conviction, finding search and arrest were legal
- NY appeals court vacates drug conviction over illegal police search
- Split Court of Appeals strips Police Accountability Board of disciplinary power