LaBella announces the addition of Marge Garland as an administrative assistant/marketing coordinator for the power systems division and will be working out of LaBella’s Rochester office. She has over 36 years of experience in administrative support as well as marketing functions. Garland previously worked as a supervisor for Rochester Gas & Electric. She currently resides […]
EFPR Group LLP announces the addition of Amanda Gabak. Gabak will be a staff accountant in the tax and business services department in the Rochester office. Information in On The Move is provided by the submitter. To submit an On The Move item, visit http://nydailyrecord.com/on-the-move-submission/.
The Zoghlin Group PLLC announces that Adeeba Maryal has joined the firm as an office assistant and marketing assistant. Adeeba is an alumnae of Brighton High School and is currently attending Monroe Community College. Adeeba is new to the legal industry, but she brings experience in web design and other digital media. Information in On […]
The Zoghlin Group PLLC announces that Benjamin Wisniewski, a Navy veteran, has joined the firm as an associate attorney in its energy, land use, municipal and environmental practice areas. Wisniewski comes to the firm with experience in the energy field and having earned an L.L.M. in environmental law from the University at Buffalo Law School in […]
Carol Heckman, a partner at Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP, was appointed to the board of directors of the Catholic Health System. Formed in 1998, Catholic Health System is a non-profit healthcare system that provides care to Western New York residents across a network of hospitals, primary care centers, imaging centers and several other community […]
Clark Patterson Lee announces the hiring of Deborah Barletta. As CPL’s Newforma implementation specialist, Barletta will facilitate Newforma training classes and work sessions as well as generate various Newforma training materials as needed. She most recently served as records manager/Newforma administrator at SWBR. Barletta started and currently leads the Upstate NY Newforma User Group and [&h[...]
Clark Patterson Lee announces the addition of Christine Brennan-Campbell. In her new position, Brennan-Campbell will assist the marketing department with proposal development, presentation preparation and project database management. Prior to joining CPL, she spent 12 years at Lu Engineers serving as environmental specialist, then as marketing coordinator. She has a bachelor of science degree in [[...]
Clark Patterson Lee announces the hiring of Dennis Barefoot. As assistant team leader, Barefoot will work with project teams on a variety of bridge inspections. Prior to joining CPL, he spent 20 years serving as deputy superintendent for the Livingston County Highway Department. Barefoot has an associate’s of applied science degree in construction engineering from […]
Nicole Rua has joined LeChase Construction Services LLC as a project safety manager in the firm’s Rochester office. Rua will work on projects to ensure compliance with site safety plans and applicable regulatory standards, conduct safety training and inspections, and act as liaison to clients and subcontractors on matters related to health, safety and the environment. Rua spent […]
John G. Roman Jr. has been named CIO of the Bonadio Group. Roman will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of IT services including management, operations, security and strategic planning. Roman’s experience includes more than a decade at Nixon Peabody’s Rochester office as well as positions at Brite Computers, NetSetGo, Xerox, Wang Laboratories and Northern […]
Patrick Smally has joined LeChase Construction Services LLC as director of risk management. Smally oversees company-wide risk management programs, with responsibility for analyzing and implementing risk financing strategies, managing insurance coverage and self-insurance programs and administering subcontractor pre- and post-qualification processes. Smally has more than 25 years of experience prov[...]
Maryellen Gallagher has joined LeChase Construction Services LLC as an executive assistant in Rochester. Gallagher will provide support for chief financial officer Chuck Caranci. Her duties include coordinating calendars and travel, managing correspondence, interfacing with customers and clients and providing state licensing and real estate/development support. She will also manage office needs f[...]
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Verdugo v. Fox Building Group
- Fourth Department – Out-of-possession landlord: Truax v. M.D. Meyer’s Properties
- Fourth Department – Discovery: Sylvester v. Sanders
- Fourth Department – Out-of-possession landlord: Smith v. Marshall Farms Group, et al.
- Second Circuit – Supervised release: United States v. Francis
- Fourth Department – Court of Claims: Santiago v. State of New York
- Fourth Department – Peremptory challenge: People v. Santiago
- Fourth Department – Negligence: Scime v. Hale Northeastern
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers
- Appeals court cancels fine against Rochester nursing home
- Deal reached to protect reproductive health care rights at Jefferson County jail
- $1.5M settlement reached in fatal shooting by Canandaigua police officer
- Orleans County lawsuit against Genesee County threatens STAMP development