Ian Crell has joined LeChase Construction Services LLC as a project engineer in its Rochester office. Crell will assist project managers and superintendents by managing documentation and helping direct the efforts of project teams during the preconstruction, construction and post-construction phases of assigned projects. Crell had previously worked as an intern at LeChase, and also gained co-op [...]
Michelle DeVito Marinello has joined Whiteman Osterman & Hanna LLP in the Albany area, as an associate. Marinello joined the firm’s business, corporate and commercial practice group. Prior to joining Whiteman Osterman & Hanna Marinello was an associate with global law firm Squire Patton Boggs in Cleveland, where her practice focused on mergers and acquisitions, general […]
Amy Reichhart has been promoted to Counsel at Nixon Peabody LLP. Reichhart was previously an associate. Reichhart represents clients in environmental regulatory and enforcement matters, site investigation and remediation, brownfield redevelopment, real estate tax appeals and all phases of litigation. She also handles administrative matters before state agencies as well as litigation and tax challe[...]
HR Works Inc. announces promotions within the company. Megan Birardi has been promoted to a senior leave and benefits coordinator. Birardi will leverage her expertise in client management services, new employee training, client implementations and leave and benefit administration to support HR Works’ benefits administration services department. Birardi holds a bachelor’s degree in psychology [...]
HR Works Inc. announces promotions within the company. Beth Koetz has been promoted to an affirmative action team leader. Koetz has more than two years of HR experience and brings supervisory experience that will be valuable in her new position. Koetz has improved training design for client presentations and regularly participates in the selection and onboarding […]
Ross Lanzafame, a partner in the health care and human services practice group at Harter Secrest & Emery LLP, has been appointed to the board of directors of St. Ann’s Community for a two-year term. St. Ann’s Community offers a continuum of care that includes independent senior living, assisted living, skilled nursing, memory care, short-term […]
HR Works Inc. announces promotions within the company. Jenny McCumiskey has been promoted to an affirmative action manager. McCumiskey has more than 17 years of director-level experience and in her time at HR Works was quickly promoted from data analyst to project manager. McCumiskey has experience supervising employees, restructuring departments, managing budgets, developing policies and procedu[...]
Amanda Karpovich, an associate in the securities and capital markets practice group at Harter Secrest & Emery LLP, has been appointed to the board of directors of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Erie, Niagara and the Southern Tier for a two-year term. Big Brothers Big Sisters is the largest provider of one-to-one youth mentoring services […]
Friendly Home announces the election of Geraldine Biddle Moore as chairperson of its board of directors. Moore, a Pittsford resident, has served on Friendly Home’s board since 2015. She is president of Nephrology Nurse Consultants and is a Registered Professional Nurse (RN), Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) and Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ). Moore has held clinical, [&hel[...]
St. John’s announces that Dean Moore has joined its team as human resources operations manager. Moore brings to the team more than 30 years of experience as an HR specialist. In his new position, Moore is responsible for strategic and transactional leadership of all HR functions, including compensation, benefits, payroll, administration, employee health and wellness, […]
Jack M. Battaglia has joined Boylan Code as senior counsel, concentrating his practice on tax controversies and estate planning. Prior to joining Boylan Code, Battaglia spent nearly three decades as a partner at Woods Oviatt Gilman LLP, concentrating his practice in civil and criminal tax controversies and estate planning. His experience includes practice before the […]
Coldwell Banker Custom Realty announces the addition of Thomas McCue, licensed real estate salesperson, to their growing team. Information in On The Move is provided by the submitter. To submit an On The Move item, visit http://nydailyrecord.com/on-the-move-submission/.
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Verdugo v. Fox Building Group
- Fourth Department – Out-of-possession landlord: Truax v. M.D. Meyer’s Properties
- Fourth Department – Discovery: Sylvester v. Sanders
- Fourth Department – Out-of-possession landlord: Smith v. Marshall Farms Group, et al.
- Second Circuit – Supervised release: United States v. Francis
- Fourth Department – Court of Claims: Santiago v. State of New York
- Fourth Department – Peremptory challenge: People v. Santiago
- Fourth Department – Negligence: Scime v. Hale Northeastern
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers
- Appeals court cancels fine against Rochester nursing home
- Deal reached to protect reproductive health care rights at Jefferson County jail
- $1.5M settlement reached in fatal shooting by Canandaigua police officer
- Orleans County lawsuit against Genesee County threatens STAMP development