Barclay Damon LLP announces that Corey Auerbach, a former pro bono partner in Buffalo and current Land Use & Zoning Practice Area co-chair, will serve as hiring partner, laterals. Auerbach is one of a new group of new committee members and practice group and practice area leadership appointments.
Underberg & Kessler LLP announces that Brandon M. Ball was recently admitted to practice law in New York State. He earned his J.D. (cum laude) at Case Western Reserve University.
Nixon Peabody LLP is proud to announce Matt Carrigg has been selected to its 2022 new partner class. Matt advises on all aspects of commercial real estate matters and transactions. He has substantial experience with complex financings of affordable housing developments, including tax-exempt bonds, low-income housing tax credits, and often other federal, state, and local […]
Nixon Peabody LLP is proud to announce Lori Bowman has been selected to its 2022 new partner class, comprising 14 attorneys who represent a wide variety of practice areas, including affordable housing and real estate, corporate transactions and mergers and acquisitions, global finance, healthcare, complex disputes, project finance, and public finance.
Wesley Clark and Peshkin LLP announces the addition of Audrey Swank to its team. Audrey is a divorce and family law attorney in WC&P’s Rochester, NY office. She is licensed in New York, Florida and Michigan and focuses on divorce and family court matters.
Nixon Peabody LLP announces Isaac Figueras has been selected to its 2022 new partner class, comprising 14 attorneys who represent a wide variety of practice areas, including affordable housing and real estate, corporate transactions and mergers and acquisitions, global finance, healthcare, complex disputes, project finance, and public finance. The new partner promotions were effective February [&h[...]
CSD Housing announces the addition of Robert Cain as Director of Real Estate Development. He brings over a decade of experience in housing to the role, and has a master’s in business administration from the University of Rochester.
The Law Offices of Pullano & Farrow PLLC announce the hiring of Britt Patton, Esq. as an Associate Attorney. She joins the firm’s Health Care and Corporate departments, focusing her practice on health care entity formations and transactions.
Harter Secrest & Emery LLC announces that Edward H. (Ted) Townsend has been named leader of the Health Care practice group. Townsend received his J.D., magna cum laude, from Syracuse University College of Law and his B.A. from Trinity College. He was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for […]
Harter Secrest & Emery announces that Julia Green has been named leader of the firm’s Higher Education practice. Green counsels higher education institutions on day-to-day operational issues, guiding and advising clients on risk management—including providing training about high-risk areas such as Title IX and New York State’s Article 129-B (Enough is Enough)—and advises and represents[...]
Trevett Cristo, P.C., a general practice law firm headquartered in Rochester, NY, announces the addition of John Scatigno to the firm. John Scatigno will be joining the firm, managing the residential real estate department, assisting buyers, sellers, and real estate agents seeking to transfer real property. He also counsels small and medium-sized businesses in the […]
Trevett Cristo, P.C., a general practice law firm headquartered in Rochester, NY, announces the addition of Robert Gitlin to the firm. Robert Gitlin has been in practice serving licensed lenders in the State for over 40 years, and counseling on debt collection practices as those issues continue to evolve in a rapidly changing economic environment. […]
- Court of Appeals – Speedy trial: People v. Justice A.
- Fourth Department – Traffic stop: People v. McMillon
- Second Circuit – Fair Labor Standards Act: Abbott v. Comme Des Garcons, Ltd.
- Second Circuit – Plea agreements: Cook v. United States
- Fourth Department: Statute of limitations: Marino v. Weiler
- Fourth Department – Nail and mail service: Rebutting presumption of service L&W Supply Corporation v. Built-Rite Drywall Corp, et al
- Fourth Department – Mental Hygiene Law: Charles L. v. State of New York
- Second Circuit – Medicaid and Medicare certification: U.S. ex rel. Quartararo v. Cath. Health Sys. Of Long Island Inc.
- Fourth Department – Waiver of indictment: People v. King
- Fourth Department – Speedy trial: People v. Jordan
- Fourth Department – Rosario material: People v. Dennard
- Second Circuit – Magnuson-Stevens Act: State of New York v. Raimondo
- Split court affirms gun conviction
- N.Y. Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction
- NY board approves cannabis lawsuit settlements, paves way for retail dispensaries
- NY Court of Appeals reverses murder conviction because of illegal police search
- NY Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction over ineffective counsel
- Split court affirms gun conviction, finding search and arrest were legal
- NY appeals court vacates drug conviction over illegal police search
- Split Court of Appeals strips Police Accountability Board of disciplinary power