Multi-Media Account Manager
The Rochester Business Journal, Rochester’s leading provider of business news and
information, has an opening for an experienced, strategic, innovative, and results-oriented sales
account manager. This opportunity is for a candidate who has a keen understanding of digital,
sponsorship, special products and print advertising sales and a strong understanding of
audience-based selling. Experience in developing and executing successful sales strategies
across multiple platforms is required. The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of
meeting a monthly sales budget through smart prospecting, in-person appointments, out-bound
phone calls, needs based selling techniques, strong closing skills and the ability to multi-task
successfully. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
In this position, you will:
Create custom marketing campaigns for clients using multimedia advertising solutions.
- Identify current and future customer needs by establishing strong relationships with customers
- Help customers develop and maximize advertising budget
- Obtain client acceptance by developing a campaign strategy, presenting multimedia solutions and implementing campaigns by negotiating and authorizing contracts
- Develop new business contacts and opportunities through networking, territory mining and referrals
- Prepare reports for customers by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Create proposals and close business on a regular basis.
- Reach monthly revenue goals
- Successful candidates will have
- Demonstrated the ability to grow and manage a book of business
- 3 or more years of B2B sales success
- Digital marketing sales experience and google certification is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Valid driver’s license
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Products Editor
The Rochester Business Journal and the NY Daily Record, Western New York’s premier sources for business and legal news, are seeking a full-time special products editor. The ideal candidate must be able to interact seamlessly with all departments at both publications, including editorial, advertising, marketing and events. This position is responsible for working with the sales department, editorial department and outside freelancers and customer contacts to create and edit more than 30 special products a year including event magazines, client publications and various other special products.
The Special Products Editor must be skilled at project management with excellent organizational and written and verbal communication skills and the ability to juggle both short-term and long-term deadlines. A great attitude and positive energy are a must. The Special Products Editor also must be able to interact with the public at The Daily Record and Rochester Business Journal sponsored events, networking events and as the contact for marketing and custom publications completed for clients statewide.
Excellent copy editing skills and knowledge of AP style are a must.
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
This is a full time position with benefits.