Three Rochester attorneys were sworn in as directors and an officer of the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers at its annual meeting May 2 in Albany. Angelo Faraci of Faraci, Lange LLP and Michael Law of Phillips Lytle LLP ...
Seymour W. James Jr. of The Legal Aid Society of New York last week was named president-elect of the New York State Bar Association.
The standard of proof for allegations against New York judges will not be changed. The New York State Bar Association’s House of Delegates on Friday rejected a proposal to increase the burden ...
Members of the American Bar Association’s Commission on Ethics 20/20 will participate in a roundtable discussion Tuesday at the New York State Bar Association’s 134th annual meeting in Manhattan.
The New York Bar Association sponsored one of the more publicized resolutions to come out of last week’s American Bar Association’s annual meeting in California. The resolution calls on all states, territorial and tribal governments to eliminate barriers ...
- Second Circuit – Plea agreements: Cook v. United States
- Fourth Department: Statute of limitations: Marino v. Weiler
- Fourth Department – Nail and mail service: Rebutting presumption of service L&W Supply Corporation v. Built-Rite Drywall Corp, et al
- Fourth Department – Mental Hygiene Law: Charles L. v. State of New York
- Second Circuit – Medicaid and Medicare certification: U.S. ex rel. Quartararo v. Cath. Health Sys. Of Long Island Inc.
- Fourth Department – Waiver of indictment: People v. King
- Fourth Department – Speedy trial: People v. Jordan
- Fourth Department – Rosario material: People v. Dennard
- Second Circuit – Magnuson-Stevens Act: State of New York v. Raimondo
- Fourth Department – Plea: People v. Davis
- Second Circuit – Revocation of minimum sentence: Bangs v. Walter William Smith, et al.
- Fourth Department – Relation-back doctrine: CHS Inc. v. Land O’Lakes Purina Feed, et al.
- N.Y. Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction
- NY board approves cannabis lawsuit settlements, paves way for retail dispensaries
- NY Court of Appeals reverses murder conviction because of illegal police search
- NY Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction over ineffective counsel
- Split court affirms gun conviction, finding search and arrest were legal
- NY appeals court vacates drug conviction over illegal police search
- Split Court of Appeals strips Police Accountability Board of disciplinary power
- Manslaughter conviction reversed after appeals court finds insufficient evidence