A historic downtown office building with a storied past will be offered for auction online this week at a starting bid of $1.6 million. Auction.com set the asking price for the Executive Building at the heart of the Four Corners and will accept offers Tuesday through Thursday, said Daniel O’Neill, senior executive advisor for Pyramid […]
TROY — The upstate New York home of former NFL player Brian Holloway that was trashed during a party attended by hundreds of young people has been sold at a foreclosure auction. Holloway tells The Associated Press that his 200-acre property in rural Stephentown sold for $400,000 during Tuesday morning’s auction. The only bidder was […]
NEW YORK — President George Washington’s 1789 proclamation establishing the first Day of Thanksgiving is set to be auctioned in New York City. The document will be sold Nov. 14 at Christie’s. The only other known copy of the proclamation is at the Library of Congress, the auction house said. The proclamation, which set the […]
The state Office of General Services has sold the closed Harriet Tubman Residential Center in Auburn for $900,000. The minimum bid was $250,000 and there were three registered bidders at the auction, held at the Sennett Town Hall in Cayuga County. The successful bidder did not disclose plans for the property, however they must comply […]
Monroe County is looking to auction off three of its properties that make up more than 500,000 square feet of space in the city, including a key portion of the ill-fated Renaissance Square project. On Tuesday, legislators set a public hearing on a local law that would clear the way to sell the properties at […]
The New York State Department of Transportation will auction nine parcels of land in Monroe, Ontario and Livingston counties next month. The sale is part of the state’s Surplus Property Program aimed at returning properties no longer needed to the hands of local citizens who can better care for and develop the land. Each parcel […]
The New York State Thruway Authority and Canal Corporation will hold their third public auction of the year on Wednesday at the Thruway Authority’s Albany Division Facility in Selkirk. Beginning at 9 a.m., the auction will include a variety of passenger cars, pickup and other larger trucks, including dump trucks. Bidders will also find an […]
A 5.6-acre parcel in Penfield, which had been approved for two hotels nearly 11 years ago, will be sold at auction next month as the result of a foreclosure proceeding. The property, owned by HMPM Hospitality Group LLC, valued at less than $1 million dollars, has a $4.2 million lien against it, plus interest and […]
Studio 34 Creative Arts Center on Elton Street was buzzing with creativity on Aug. 11 as nearly 40 volunteers gathered to help Volunteer Legal Services Project, Inc. enhance the inventory for the upcoming Art of Lawyering fundraising auction scheduled to open on Oct. 6. Studio owner Marilynne Lipshutz was instrumental in lining up instructors to help the participants.
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Interest rates on short-term Treasury bills were mixed in Monday’s auction with three-month rates unchanged while six-month bills rose to the highest point in two weeks.
NEW YORK CITY — John Steinbeck kept his California roots close when writing such masterpieces as "The Grapes of Wrath" and "East of Eden," but the Nobel Prize winner also loved New York and made it his home for much of his life.
NEW YORK CITY — Jasper Johns’ iconic painting of the American flag, in the collection of the late best-selling author Michael Crichton, could set a new auction record for the artist at a sale Tuesday evening at Christie’s.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Review of another judge’s actions: Opinion 22-153
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Charitable contributions: Opinion 22-150
- Second Circuit – Class action settlement: Moses v. The New York Times Company
- Fourth Department – Breach of contract: Hausrath Landscape Maintenance Inc. v. Caravan Facilities Management LLC
- Second Circuit – New York Child Victim’s Act: Kane v. Mount Pleasant CSD; Coe v. Eastport Union Free School
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Appointing law clerk: Opinion 22-149
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department affirms $400K judgment in contract dispute
- Could legislation limiting non-compete agreements kick off a new era of workplace disputes?
- Fourth Department affirms decision in NY property dispute
- Greenlight Networks selects Buffalo-based attorney as general counsel
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA