As we prepare for the upcoming tax season, many of us will be gathering our receipts for all of the charitable donations made throughout the year. Some may already be looking at what donations they are considering for the current calendar year. It is important to be aware of the scams that exist, targeting anyone […]
Bracelets with ties to Fairport are being used to raise money for charity and will be featured by a runner in the Boston Marathon. KonectIDY bracelets are designed to tell a personal story and support a cause, with $2 going to the charity connected to the bracelet design. Jack Pattie, who is running the 2014 […]
Walk, roll and cheer for abilities at the Al Sigl Community WalkAbout Sunday inside Eastview Mall. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. and the walk kicks off at 9:30 a.m. Last year, more than 1,500 took part to raise funds for Al Sigl member agencies serving thousands of children and adults in our community with special […]
Dunkin’ Donuts will team up with the Law Enforcement Torch Run to raise awareness and funds for Special Olympics athletes with a rooftop sit-in at participating Dunkin’ Donuts locations in Western New York. On Friday, Rochester-area law enforcement officers will take to the roofs of several Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants from 6 a.m. to 6 […]
Bachelors and bachelorettes are needed to walk the runway for a date auction to benefit The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The ROC the Date Auction, planned as an annual event, helped to raise $25,000 in its inaugural year last year. To be one of Rochester’s most eligible bachelors or bachelorettes, you must be single, charismatic […]
The Arc Foundation of Monroe’s Day of Champions golf tournament raised more than $60,000 for The Arc of Monroe County. More than 21 participants and 132 golfers took part in the tournament at the Mendon Golf Club.
Metro Mattress is launching its “50 Beds in 50 Days” charitable program in Rochester for the second year. The program donates mattresses to charitable organizations throughout the Rochester area that provide services for children in need, individuals suffering abuse ...
More than $11,000 has been raised through a recent poker run sponsored by six local merchants to benefit the Happiness House in Canandaigua. The second annual Happiness Run featured a 75-mile poker car/motorcycle run ...
Area golfers and people who want to support a worthy cause can still sign up to play in this year’s local National Kidney Foundation Cadillac Golf Classic, presented for the second straight year by Faraci Lange LLP. The tournament benefits the National Kidney Foundation Serving Upstate New York.
Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman offers tips for New Yorkers who plan to donate to Japan earthquake and tsunami relief efforts. “This office encourages such generosity, and will work with New Yorkers ...
NEW YORK CITY — A disgraced New York politician who was expelled from the state Senate after a misdemeanor conviction for assaulting his girlfriend was accused Tuesday of funding his 2006 campaign with money that was supposed to go to charity.
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Verdugo v. Fox Building Group
- Fourth Department – Out-of-possession landlord: Truax v. M.D. Meyer’s Properties
- Fourth Department – Discovery: Sylvester v. Sanders
- Espinosa named general counsel at Greenlight Networks
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers