NORTH TONAWANDA — Authorities have charged a western New York woman with drunken driving after police say her 9-year-old daughter wrote a note pleading for help from passing drivers. Police in North Tonawanda say 38-year-old Bonnie Will ...
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The end of the year means a turnover of House control from Democratic to Republican and, with it, Congress’ approach to immigration.
New regulations are helping to reduce the number of children poisoned by lead, but work is still needed before all children are safe. Joan Roby-Davison, co-chairwoman of the Coalition to Prevent Lead Poisoning ...
NEW YORK CITY — A new law requires New York school districts to protect children against bullying because of their sexual orientation or weight. It says schools should guard against those and other forms of discrimination ...
Rochester attorney Lisa Morris is set to receive The Hon. Michael F. Dillon Attorneys for Children Award on June 22. Appellate Division, Fourth Department Presiding Justice Henry J. Scudder will present the award ...
U.S. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand is traveling to Haiti today as a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
- Fourth Department – Speedy trial: People v. Jordan
- Fourth Department – Rosario material: People v. Dennard
- Second Circuit – Magnuson-Stevens Act: State of New York v. Raimondo
- Fourth Department – Plea: People v. Davis
- Second Circuit – Revocation of minimum sentence: Bangs v. Walter William Smith, et al.
- Fourth Department – Relation-back doctrine: CHS Inc. v. Land O’Lakes Purina Feed, et al.
- Fourth Department – Unlawful arrest: People v. Burke
- Fourth Department – Attempted criminal possession of a controlled substance: People v. Brown
- Second Circuit – Immigration: Paucar v. Garland
- Fourth Department – Slip and fall: Black v. 465 Payne Avenue
- Second Circuit – Misappropriation of trade secrets: Pauwels v. Deloitte
- Fourth Department – Molineux evidence: People v. Anderson
- N.Y. Court of Appeals reverses murder conviction because of illegal search
- State board approves cannabis lawsuit settlements, paves way for the opening of retail dispensaries
- NY Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction over ineffective counsel
- Split court affirms gun conviction, finding search and arrest were legal
- NY appeals court vacates drug conviction over illegal police search
- Split Court of Appeals strips Police Accountability Board of disciplinary power
- Manslaughter conviction reversed after appeals court finds insufficient evidence
- Rochester-area family sues over compromised medical records