All branches of the Rochester Public Library — including The Central Library of Rochester Downtown — will be closed Friday for staff training. Visit www.libraryweb.org for other library locations and hours.
Rochester City Hall, Neighborhood Service Centers, administrative offices, city branch libraries, recreation and community centers will be closed Friday, July 4, in observance of Independence Day. The Genesee Valley Park Pool will offer open swim from 1 to 4:45 p.m. and 6 to 8:30 p.m. Durand Eastman Beach will be open from 11 a.m. to […]
The High Falls Center and Interpretive Museum, 74 Brown’s Race, will be closed for maintenance and cleaning operations in anticipation of the summer season. The center will reopen to the public at 9:30 a.m. June 24. The museum was created by the city in 1992 under a preservation covenant with New York state and supported […]
Rochester City Hall, Neighborhood Service Centers, city branch libraries, city recreation centers and other administrative offices will be closed Monday in observance of Memorial Day. Refuse and recycling collection will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week. For more information, residents may call 311 or (585) 428-5990 if outside the city […]
The High Falls Center and Interpretive Museum, 60 Brown’s Race, will be closed for a winter break from Friday through Monday, March 3. The center will reopen to the public at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, March 4. Admission is free. Regular operating hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1 to 5 […]
The city’s Northwest Neighborhood Service Center will be closed until further notice. A broken water pipe resulted in damage that will require extensive repairs to the office. A temporary location is being sought. Residents may call 311 to obtain services.
Bridges carrying Lake Ontario State Parkway over the entrance road to Hamlin Beach State Park in the town of Hamlin are closed to traffic beginning today. Detours were to be posted directing westbound traffic to exit at the state park and re-enter the parkway and eastbound traffic to exit at County Line Road to Moscow […]
BUFFALO — The University at Buffalo has closed its new shale gas research institute, which was under investigation by the State University Board of Trustees after a group of professors accused it of having undisclosed ties to industry. Environmental groups have been critical of the institute since May, when it released its first report. The […]
NEW YORK — Two small Wall Street firms have closed doors in the past two weeks, apparent casualties of heightened investor unease following last year’s wild stock market swings and lingering fear over the European debt crisis. New York investment bank Kaufman Bros. LP posted a message on its website Monday saying it had ceased […]
SALAMANCA — A section of an interstate highway in western New York will be shut down for most of the summer after part of the road's shoulder collapsed. The state Department of Transportation announced Tuesday ...
ALBANY — Much of New York's canal system will remain closed for at least two more weeks because of high water caused by flooding. The state Canal Corp. says the Erie Canal east of the Genesee River in Rochester and all other segments ...
City Hall, Neighborhood Service Centers and other administrative offices will be closed Friday in observance of Good Friday. City branch libraries will be open Friday, but closed on Easter Sunday.
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Verdugo v. Fox Building Group
- Fourth Department – Out-of-possession landlord: Truax v. M.D. Meyer’s Properties
- Fourth Department – Discovery: Sylvester v. Sanders
- Espinosa named general counsel at Greenlight Networks
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers