The Commission on Judicial Nomination released its report to Gov. Andrew Cuomo with a list of seven lawyers to be considered for the position of the state’s next top judge. Chief Judge Jonathan Lippman, who turned 70 this May, must retire at the end of the year as the presiding judge at the state Court […]
In an effort to demystify the selection process for judges of New York’s highest court, the Court of Appeals, the Commission on Judicial Nomination will host an informational meeting from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Friday, June 19, at the New York State Bar Association. As of Jan. 1, 2016, a vacancy on the court will […]
The Commission on Judicial Nomination will host an open discussion Sept. 8 in New York City about the nomination process in connection with the coming vacancy of Court of Appeals Judge Robert S. Smith.
The New York State Commission on Judicial Nomination has extended the deadline for submitting applications for the current vacancy on the Court of Appeals, created by Nov. 6 death of Associate Judge Theodore T. Jones. Applications for the vacancy, originally due Dec. 18, must now be submitted to the commission no later than Dec. 21. […]
Among the seven nominees being recommended to Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo to fill an upcoming vacancy on the Court of Appeals is Justice Eugene M. Fahey, who currently sits on the bench of the Appellate Division, Fourth Department in Rochester. Justice Fahey is one of three men and four women being recommended by the state […]
The New York State Commission on Judicial Nomination issued its final reminder Tuesday to prospective candidates who wish to submit applications for the upcoming Jan. 1 vacancy on the Court of Appeals. Applications must be submitted to the commission no later than Aug. 15. Applications may be downloaded from the commission’s website (www.nysegov.com/cjn/), or obtained […]
The New York State Commission on Judicial Nomination announced Monday that it has extended the deadline for submitting applications for the upcoming vacancy on the Court of Appeals. Senior Associate Judge Carmen Beauchamp Ciparick is retiring effective Jan. 1. Applications must be submitted to the commission no later than Aug. 15. The extension is intended […]
If you think you would like to be a judge on the state Court of Appeals, then submit your application. That’s the message members of the state Commission on Judicial Nomination brought when they came with their “road show” to Rochester on Wednesday to encourage qualified candidates to apply. It is the beginning of a […]
The process to nominate a judge to the state’s highest court will be outlined Wednesday by Judge Judith S. Kaye, who chairs the Commission on Judicial Nomination. She will be in Rochester for the second in a series of public meetings on “The Road to the Court of Appeals: Demystifying the Process,” from 12:15 to […]
The state Commission on Judicial Nomination has scheduled three spring meetings to evaluate candidates to fill an upcoming vacancy on the Court of Appeals. Senior Associate Judge Carmen Beauchamp Ciparick will be leaving the bench at the end of the year, as required by the state Constitution; judges of the state’s highest court must retire […]
The Commission on Judicial Nomination on Wednesday published a Notice of Adoption of its revised rules in the New York State Register.
- Fourth Department – Negligent performance: Rosenthal v. Syracuse University, et al.
- Second Circuit – Visual Artists Rights Act: Kerson v. Vermont Law School Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Former foreclosure referee: Opinion 22-157
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – College honorarium: Opinion 22-156
- Second Circuit – Reasonable accommodation: Tafolla v. Heilig
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Primisch v. Peroxychem LLC
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Judicial candidacy: Opinion 22-155
- Fourth Department – Defamation: Lavine v. Glavin
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Law clerk: Opinion 22-154
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Review of another judge’s actions: Opinion 22-153
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Charitable contributions: Opinion 22-150
- Second Circuit – Class action settlement: Moses v. The New York Times Company
- Appeals court upholds conviction
- Federal lawsuit reinstated against jail officer over strip search, delayed release
- Hyzon to pay $25M penalty to settle alleged fraud charges by SEC
- NY appeals court reinstates lawsuit over contract to remove snow
- Fourth Department affirms $400K judgment in contract dispute
- Fourth Department affirms decision in NY property dispute
- Greenlight Networks selects Buffalo-based attorney as general counsel
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith