Scott E. Friedman, managing partner at Buffalo law firm Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP, will serve as a co-moderator Thursday at the third annual New England Family Business Conference at Babson College in Massachusetts. The panel presentation, titled “The ‘Right’ Way to Bring Children into the Business – Considerations for Ownership/Leadership Transfer to the Next […]
The quality of treatment services needs to improve to convince lawmakers to fund more programs, according to a Virginia criminologist. Faye S. Taxman, a professor at George Mason University speaking Friday at a “Justice Involved Women Conference,” said that this is a critical time in the nation’s history when there is a lot of support […]
The first justice-involved women conference, “Women and the Justice System,” will be part of a daylong event Friday. “The term ‘justice involved’ describes women who are involved in our courts and prison system, both in a professional capacity as well as defendants and prisoners,” said Catherine Cerulli, director of the university’s Susan B. Anthony Center […]
Just barely back from the annual meeting of the New York State Bar Association in New York City, President-elect David M. Schraver will be heading to Dallas next week for the spring meeting of the American Bar Association. As an NYSBA delegate, he will address the ABA House of Delegates on Feb. 11, the sixth […]
Digits LLC is hosting a conference on data security from noon to 2 p.m. Dec. 6 at the DoubleTree Inn, 10 Flint Road, Amherst. Michael McCartney, president and CEO, will present “Have your data files been compromised? Your business is next,” he said in a release, explaining unscrupulous actions that can happen to businesses if […]
Teachers and school administrators from across the state will gather in Lake George this week to discuss how to protect public school students from bullying and other forms of abuse. “A Focus on Dignity for All Students: Where We Came From & Where We Are Going,” is the theme of the annual conference of the […]
The Northeast Organic Farming Association of New York will present “The Cooperative Economy” Jan. 20-22 at its 2012 winter at the Saratoga Hilton & City Center. This year will mark the 30th anniversary of its annual Organic Farming and Gardening Conference, the premier organic educational event in New York state. The conference will focus on […]
The Northeast Organic Farming Association of New York is offering farmer-education scholarships for its annual winter conference. The NOFA-NY Winter Conference will be held Jan. 20 to 22 in Saratoga Springs. The scholarships are available through funding from the Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program of the National Institute for Food and Agriculture ...
A three-hour mini conference on Constitution Day is being held June 29 at Roberts Wesleyan College. Monroe County Bar Association President-elect Bryan Hetherington will speak at the event, which is part of a new federally mandated requirement ...
Hundreds of attendees are expected this month at the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York’s 25th annual conference for minority and women-owned businesses and small business enterprises, “Expanding Opportunities, Making History.”
Action for a Better Community and The Rochester Initiative for Structure Equality Coalition will host a daylong educational conference, “Advancing Structural Equality,” at 8:30 a.m. Aug. 26 at the RIT Inn & Conference Center. The event will include presentations and workshops led by national and local experts to raise awareness of concepts of structural equality, […]
The Franklin H. Williams Judicial Commission on Minorities is set to host a conference “Race, Law and the Courts: Framing the Discussion for a Post Racial America” today in Manhattan.
- Fourth Department – Negligent performance: Rosenthal v. Syracuse University, et al.
- Second Circuit – Visual Artists Rights Act: Kerson v. Vermont Law School Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Former foreclosure referee: Opinion 22-157
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – College honorarium: Opinion 22-156
- Second Circuit – Reasonable accommodation: Tafolla v. Heilig
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Primisch v. Peroxychem LLC
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Judicial candidacy: Opinion 22-155
- Fourth Department – Defamation: Lavine v. Glavin
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Law clerk: Opinion 22-154
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Review of another judge’s actions: Opinion 22-153
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Charitable contributions: Opinion 22-150
- Second Circuit – Class action settlement: Moses v. The New York Times Company
- Appeals court upholds conviction
- Federal lawsuit reinstated against jail officer over strip search, delayed release
- Hyzon to pay $25M penalty to settle alleged fraud charges by SEC
- NY appeals court reinstates lawsuit over contract to remove snow
- Fourth Department affirms $400K judgment in contract dispute
- Fourth Department affirms decision in NY property dispute
- Greenlight Networks selects Buffalo-based attorney as general counsel
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith