The 2022 Leaders in Construction & Real Estate Awards celebrate the individuals and companies who are changing the landscape of the Rochester region through design, construction, project management and more.
Temporary lane closures associated with road and bridge construction projects on New York state highways will not be allowed from 6 a.m. Friday to 10 p.m. Sunday to accommodate travelers during the busy Independence Day holiday weekend. Some work may continue behind permanent concrete barriers or for emergency repairs. “This weekend is one of the […]
Work will begin this week on a safety project to improve Route 31 (Monroe Avenue) between Westfall/Allens Creek roads and Route 65 (Clover Street) in the town of Brighton. The community can learn more about the construction aspects at a public open house from 4 to 6 p.m. May 15 at Brighton Town Hall Auditorium, […]
Manning Squires Hennig, a commercial construction firm in Batavia, has been selected to conduct a major building and renovation project for Graham Corporation at the company’s corporate headquarters facility, also in Batavia, according to a release from the company. MSH, will coordinate all aspects of the project for Graham Corporation — including design and construction […]
SWBR Architects recently completed the first phase of construction and renovation of the University of Rochester’s Center for Experiential Learning, located in the university’s School of Medicine and Dentistry, according to a release from the company. SWBR served as lead architect on the project. The $1.22 million project includes 12,000 gross square feet of renovation […]
The “topping off” ceremony in the construction of a building is an ancient tradition, according to Bill Carpenter, CEO of Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority. And Wednesday, the placing of the last piece of steel at the new, $50 million RTS transit center carried special meaning for RTS employees, Pike Co. and LeChase Construction Services […]
Construction to renovate Campus Gate at Finger Lakes is completed early and under budget. In addition, the off-campus housing for Finger Lakes Community College students is nearly 100 percent occupied, according to Mascia Development LLC. The real estate development firm recently report that 98.1 percent of the 216 beds have been leased, which is above […]
The Genesee Brewing Co. hopes to start construction next week on a new museum and festival site it hopes will transform the Northeast Rochester neighborhood. “We’re very very happy and ecstatic that we can finally start work on this phenomenal project,” said Rich Lozyniak, CEO of North American Breweries, Genesee’s parent company. His company had […]
State and local officials, along with area business leaders, gathered at the Midtown site Monday to celebrate the start of construction on Windstream’s new facility at the former Seneca Building. The project is the first private development to take hold on the Midtown Rising site after Windstream acquired PAETEC Holding Corp. last year. Those in […]
The intersection of Broad Street, Court Street, Broadway and Manhattan Square Drive will be closed through June 15 for the completion of road construction. All traffic, except local, will be detoured around the intersection. Posted detours will be in place and are designated online at www.cityofrochester.gov/bcc. The HSBC parking garage will remain open. Delays should […]
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit Settlement Agreements Construction — Effect on Arbitration Ameriprise Financial Services Inc. v. Beland 10-3399 Judges Pooler, Sack and Lynch Background: The appeal arose from an arbitration between the parties before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority — the appellants, a married couple, brought a number of claims against Ameriprise [&hell[...]
Construction management and general contracting firm, The Pike Co., announced it has acquired the construction firm, The Buckley Group. The Buckley Group brings $20 million in western New York construction projects to Pike. Pike will retain Buckley’s eight full-time employees. The Pike Co. provides commercial building services to clients throughout the Northeast. The company has […]
- Court of Appeals – Speedy trial: People v. Justice A.
- Fourth Department – Traffic stop: People v. McMillon
- Second Circuit – Fair Labor Standards Act: Abbott v. Comme Des Garcons, Ltd.
- Second Circuit – Plea agreements: Cook v. United States
- Fourth Department: Statute of limitations: Marino v. Weiler
- Fourth Department – Nail and mail service: Rebutting presumption of service L&W Supply Corporation v. Built-Rite Drywall Corp, et al
- Fourth Department – Mental Hygiene Law: Charles L. v. State of New York
- Second Circuit – Medicaid and Medicare certification: U.S. ex rel. Quartararo v. Cath. Health Sys. Of Long Island Inc.
- Fourth Department – Waiver of indictment: People v. King
- Fourth Department – Speedy trial: People v. Jordan
- Fourth Department – Rosario material: People v. Dennard
- Second Circuit – Magnuson-Stevens Act: State of New York v. Raimondo
- Split court affirms gun conviction
- N.Y. Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction
- NY board approves cannabis lawsuit settlements, paves way for retail dispensaries
- NY Court of Appeals reverses murder conviction because of illegal police search
- NY Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction over ineffective counsel
- Split court affirms gun conviction, finding search and arrest were legal
- NY appeals court vacates drug conviction over illegal police search
- Split Court of Appeals strips Police Accountability Board of disciplinary power