The village of Spencerport was slapped with a nearly $700,000 judgment last month for delaying the dedication of a new street and infrastructure in a residential development. Initially, the village was expected to appeal the October verdict, but the plaintiff’s attorney, Dan Adams, a partner in Adams Bell Adams P.C., said a settlement is likely. […]
Syracuse developer Douglas Sutherland has been driving by the historic landmark building on South Washington Street for three years. Sutherland noticed the vacant building looked a little worse for wear each time he visited. That was a shame for a building as beautiful and historically significant for the city of Rochester as the Bevier Memorial […]
The developer of a major senior-housing project in the town of Webster is seeking incentives from Monroe County, but the town is holding firm on its portion of the tax pie. Work on the $24.3 million Royal Highlands luxury senior community could begin this year and take 15 to 17 months to complete. Morgan Hard […]
ALBANY — Gov. Andrew Cuomo received $100,000 from a New York City developer as the Democrat prepared to sign a bill pushed by the Bloomberg administration to give a tax break to developers of condominiums and co-op apartments. Days after two corporations tied to Extell Development made two $50,000 donations to Cuomo’s campaign, Cuomo signed […]
A decision on a controversial housing plan proposed for a Pittsford neighborhood rich in history appears a ways off. But some Pittsford town staff and representatives from the developer of a proposed subdivision will meet in an attempt to iron out details of the plan and give a sense of the direction the plan is […]
A proposed housing project in Perinton that drew the ire of neighbors is back before the town, although the updated version reflects some of their concerns. A presentation from the developer, Victor-based Pride Mark Homes, is scheduled for 8 p.m. Wednesday before the Town Board. The builder is seeking to rezone nearly 40 acres of […]
The city of Rochester has issued a Request for Proposals for the sale and redevelopment of the former Pulaski Library building, 1151 Hudson Ave. “For more than 60 years, the Pulaski Library building provided the community with a place to convene, learn and share information,” said Mayor Thomas S. Richards. “With the right redevelopment plan, it […]
A Livingston County man faces up to five years in prison and a $2,500 fine if convicted of violating the federal Clean Air Act. Anastasios “Taso” Kolokouris, 28, of Avon, was arrested Tuesday morning. He is accused of violating work practice standards involving asbestos removal and disturbance at a warehouse he owns at 920 Exchange […]
City and housing officials Thursday celebrated the groundbreaking of four new homes in the Marketview Heights Focused Investment Strategy area, 104 Weld St. “As we continue to develop neighborhoods across Rochester, it’s crucial we take care ...
SYRACUSE — An upstate New York developer with plans to build a harness racing track and video lottery gambling operation near Syracuse has gotten permission from the state to form a corporation for the project.
Rochester’s Department of Neighborhood Development has issued a request for proposal for the Valley Court Apartments in Southwest Rochester.
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Verdugo v. Fox Building Group
- Fourth Department – Out-of-possession landlord: Truax v. M.D. Meyer’s Properties
- Fourth Department – Discovery: Sylvester v. Sanders
- Espinosa named general counsel at Greenlight Networks
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers