Casa Larga Vineyards in Perinton will donate $1 to Alternatives for Battered Women from every bottle of its new Sparkle wine purchased in its wine shop through the holidays. “In the spirit of the holidays we wanted to continue our support for Alternatives for Battered Women,” said Andrea Colaruotolo-O’Neill, director of marketing. Jaime Saunders, CEO […]
ALBANY — Gov. Andrew Cuomo received $100,000 from a New York City developer as the Democrat prepared to sign a bill pushed by the Bloomberg administration to give a tax break to developers of condominiums and co-op apartments. Days after two corporations tied to Extell Development made two $50,000 donations to Cuomo’s campaign, Cuomo signed […]
Dunkin’ Donuts will support efforts to cure muscular dystrophy, ALS and related diseases by collecting donations in its Rochester area restaurants to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association’s “Make a Muscle, Make a Difference” campaign. Donations will be collected June 9 through 16 at participating Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants throughout the greater Rochester area. Guests who elect [&he[...]
NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics Fundraising Activities Donations Opinion 10-132 Background: A judge asks whether he may donate a photograph he created to a not-for-profit organization to use as a prize in a fundraising auction. The judge states that he will not be personally involved in the auction. Opinion: A judge may donate a […]
Republicans are calling for Monroe County district attorney candidate Sandra Doorley to return all donations she received while she was a Democratic candidate for a county judgeship. Less than four hours after Sandra Doorley ...
Starting Monday, Citizens Bank will collect new school supplies for its Gear for Grades initiative, an effort to help local children go back to school with the gear they need to learn. New pencils, folders, glue, notebooks and other supplies can be donated ...
New and used sports equipment is being collected in Webster to send to local troops serving overseas. Anyone may drop off sports and recreation equipment, preferably in adults sizes, during a “Team Up for Troops” event from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 23 ...
Five Star Bank presented a $500 donation to the Happiness House during a recent ceremony at the bank’s Canandaigua branch.
This Saturday is Red Cross Day at the Rochester Public Market, 280 N. Union St. The American Red Cross Traveling Donor Center will be on site from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. to assist in offsetting a critical blood shortage in the community.
Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman offers tips for New Yorkers who plan to donate to Japan earthquake and tsunami relief efforts. “This office encourages such generosity, and will work with New Yorkers ...
Last year, the three local bar associations, the Monroe County Bar Association, the Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys and the Rochester Black Bar Association, recognized Martin Luther King Jr.’s contributions with a community-focused event.
In response to periodic public inquiries, the New York State Police advises state residents that it, or any agency authorized by it, never solicits donations from the general public.
- Court of Appeals – Speedy trial: People v. Justice A.
- Fourth Department – Traffic stop: People v. McMillon
- Second Circuit – Fair Labor Standards Act: Abbott v. Comme Des Garcons, Ltd.
- Second Circuit – Plea agreements: Cook v. United States
- Fourth Department: Statute of limitations: Marino v. Weiler
- Fourth Department – Nail and mail service: Rebutting presumption of service L&W Supply Corporation v. Built-Rite Drywall Corp, et al
- Fourth Department – Mental Hygiene Law: Charles L. v. State of New York
- Second Circuit – Medicaid and Medicare certification: U.S. ex rel. Quartararo v. Cath. Health Sys. Of Long Island Inc.
- Fourth Department – Waiver of indictment: People v. King
- Fourth Department – Speedy trial: People v. Jordan
- Fourth Department – Rosario material: People v. Dennard
- Second Circuit – Magnuson-Stevens Act: State of New York v. Raimondo
- Split court affirms gun conviction
- N.Y. Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction
- NY board approves cannabis lawsuit settlements, paves way for retail dispensaries
- NY Court of Appeals reverses murder conviction because of illegal police search
- NY Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction over ineffective counsel
- Split court affirms gun conviction, finding search and arrest were legal
- NY appeals court vacates drug conviction over illegal police search
- Split Court of Appeals strips Police Accountability Board of disciplinary power