Midtown is rising again, and work on the major portion of the Sibley Building renovation is set to begin this winter. Black Friday will not only spell the official opening day of the holiday shopping season but also the anticipated unveiling of the $50 million indoor RTS bus station on St. Paul Street. And then […]
It should come as no shock to Rochester planners that residents cited a lack of retail in the Center City as a reason — the top one, in fact, with more than 2,000 respondents — that discourages people from visiting downtown. That’s been a standard item on the city wish list over the years, including […]
As Midtown redevelopment goes, so goes the big-picture resurgence of downtown Rochester, as conventional thinking goes. When it comes to daily city life, it’s the little things that matter. And sometimes it’s easier to crack the DaVinci Code than to find a roll of toilet paper in Rochester when you need it. Rochester has its […]
From the beginning, developer Ben Kendig had a vision for 44 Exchange Blvd. By combining jet-age style with modern amenities, he hopes attract professionals back to live in the city’s core. “Rochester is my town and all cities have had tough times because of populations moving to the suburbs,” he said. To that end, the […]
Red Osier Metro Café officially opened for business at the Monroe County Office Building in downtown Rochester on Wednesday. Red Osier Metro Café owner Rob Moore Jr. and Deputy County Executive Dan Delaus cut the ribbon at 11 a.m. before an enthusiastic crowd in the lower level of the building at 39 W. Main St.. […]
Windstream Corp. is bringing a breath of fresh air to downtown Rochester — it will open an office next year at the former Midtown Plaza site where PAETEC was going to build its world headquarters. The corporation, an S&P 500 communications and technology solutions provider that is in the process of acquiring Perinton-based PAETEC Holding […]
A development partnership from Rochester and Syracuse is advancing plans to purchase and convert the historic Lincoln Alliance Building into a mix of office, retail and residential uses. Mayor Thomas S. Richards said the project will restore ...
As Petula Clark sang in her unapologetically upbeat song, “everything’s waiting for you, downtown.” Local leaders have invested hefty amounts of tax dollars in the massive amount of development, renovation and expansion taking place in Center City Rochester ...
Demolition is set to begin at the Rochester business complex that was home to the nation's first enclosed downtown shopping mall. Gov. David A. Paterson will join Rochester Mayor Robert Duffy ...
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Verdugo v. Fox Building Group
- Fourth Department – Out-of-possession landlord: Truax v. M.D. Meyer’s Properties
- Fourth Department – Discovery: Sylvester v. Sanders
- Espinosa named general counsel at Greenlight Networks
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers