Acting County Court Judge Melchor Castro sentenced Joseph Cafarelli, 51, to six years in prison with three years of post-release supervision. Cafarelli pled guilty to criminal possession of a controlled substance in the third degree as well as violating the terms on conditions of probation. Cafarelli agreed to serve five years of probation after pleading […]
Appellate Division, Fourth Department – Drug Possession – Waiver of Appeal People v. Santos KA 12–001117 Appealed from Lewis County Court Background: Defendant was convicted of drug-related charges and appealed, contending that there was an insufficient basis to issue a search warrant. At the time of his guilty plea, the defendant purported to waive his […]
U.S. District Court, WDNY Drug Possession Proximity — Hidden Drugs/Weapons United States v. Facen 11-cr-6177L Judge Larimer Background: The defendant was indicted on four counts of drug trafficking and firearm-related offenses. He was convicted on all four counts. The defendant moved to acquit on the grounds that the evidence was insufficient to support a conviction. […]
A federal jury has convicted Julian V. Wade, 27, of Buffalo, of possession with the intent to distribute five grams or more of crack cocaine, being a felon in possession of a firearm and other charges. He faces 20 years to life in prison.
Lamarr Gilbert, 21, of Rochester, was sentenced to 72 months in prison for conviction of conspiracy to possess and distribute cocaine and heroin. He appeared last week before U.S. District Judge David G. Larimer ...
Appellate Division, Fourth Department Drug Possession Circumstantial Evidence People v. Velez KA 04-01659 Appealed from Supreme Court, Monroe County Background: The defendant was convicted after jury trial of two felony counts of drug possession. Cocaine was found in the trunk of a vehicle. On appeal the defendant contended that the evidence was legally insufficient to […]
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Review of another judge’s actions: Opinion 22-153
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Charitable contributions: Opinion 22-150
- Second Circuit – Class action settlement: Moses v. The New York Times Company
- Fourth Department – Breach of contract: Hausrath Landscape Maintenance Inc. v. Caravan Facilities Management LLC
- Second Circuit – New York Child Victim’s Act: Kane v. Mount Pleasant CSD; Coe v. Eastport Union Free School
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Appointing law clerk: Opinion 22-149
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department affirms $400K judgment in contract dispute
- Could legislation limiting non-compete agreements kick off a new era of workplace disputes?
- Fourth Department affirms decision in NY property dispute
- Greenlight Networks selects Buffalo-based attorney as general counsel
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA