WASHINGTON — The U.S. economy expanded at a 2.8 percent annual rate from July through September, a surprising acceleration ahead of the 16-day partial government shutdown. But much of the strength came from a buildup in company stockpiling. Home construction also rose, and state and local governments spent at their fastest pace in four years. […]
ALBANY — A federal report shows New York’s economy grew at a slower pace than the national rate in 2012, ranking 37th among all states. New York’s economic growth rate was 1.3 percent compared to the national rate of 2.5 percent. The U.S. Department of Commerce report released Thursday is based on gross domestic product. […]
WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. manufacturers expanded at the fastest pace in nearly 7 years last month, as factories continue to boost economic growth. The Institute for Supply Management says its index of manufacturing activity rose to 61.4 in February ...
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Deeper spending cuts by state and local governments weighed down U.S. economic growth in the final three months of last year. The government's revised estimate for the October-December quarter illustrates how growing state budget crises ...
Monroe County Executive Maggie Brooks has announced that applications are being accepted for the 10th class of The Entrepreneurs Network, which she founded in 2006. TEN is designed to bolster economic growth ...
NEW YORK CITY — Safety first appears to be the new motto for investors trying to figure out how bad the emerging slowdown in U.S. economic growth is going to be. A disappointing jobs report ...
- Fourth Department – Negligent performance: Rosenthal v. Syracuse University, et al.
- Second Circuit – Visual Artists Rights Act: Kerson v. Vermont Law School Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Former foreclosure referee: Opinion 22-157
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – College honorarium: Opinion 22-156
- Second Circuit – Reasonable accommodation: Tafolla v. Heilig
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Primisch v. Peroxychem LLC
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Judicial candidacy: Opinion 22-155
- Fourth Department – Defamation: Lavine v. Glavin
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Law clerk: Opinion 22-154
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Review of another judge’s actions: Opinion 22-153
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Charitable contributions: Opinion 22-150
- Second Circuit – Class action settlement: Moses v. The New York Times Company
- Appeals court upholds conviction
- Federal lawsuit reinstated against jail officer over strip search, delayed release
- Hyzon to pay $25M penalty to settle alleged fraud charges by SEC
- NY appeals court reinstates lawsuit over contract to remove snow
- Fourth Department affirms $400K judgment in contract dispute
- Fourth Department affirms decision in NY property dispute
- Greenlight Networks selects Buffalo-based attorney as general counsel
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith