Both the leaders of the state Empire State Development and pro-business lobbying group Unshackle Upstate say the upstate economy is improving. The difference is in the degree of improvement. Vincent Esposito, deputy regional director of the state agency’s Finger Lakes region, and Brian Sampson, executive director of the Rochester Business Alliance’s lobbying group, spoke Wednesday […]
WASHINGTON — Companies are increasingly confident the economy will grow at a modest pace over the next year and are hiring more, according to a survey of business economists. Nearly one-third of the economists surveyed by the National Association for Business Economics said their companies added jobs in the April-June quarter, according to a report […]
The Bonadio Group will host its third annual Construction Summit West on Thursday, March 28, at the RIT Inn & Conference Center in Henrietta. The event will provide upstate New York contractors with tools to meet the rising challenges in their industry. Kenneth Simonson, chief economist for the Associated General Contractors of America, is the […]
WASHINGTON — Americans bought more electronics, started home improvement projects and updated their wardrobes last month, inspired by warmer weather and a healthier job market. U.S. retail sales rose 0.8 percent in March, the Commerce Department said Monday. The increase capped a strong quarter of gains and contributed to a brighter outlook among economists for […]
A bright economic outlook for 2012 is being painted by a local banker who says “We have arrived.” Gregory MacKay, senior vice president and chief economist at Canandaigua National Bank & Trust, Thursday presented a preview of what the economic impact will be on the commercial real estate market this year. He was speaking to […]
A survey on credit underwriting practices revealed that for the first time since 2008, many of the nation’s largest lenders have eased their underwriting standards. The report, released late last month by the U.S. Office of the Comptroller of the Currency ...
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Attorney misconduct: Opinion 22-164
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Independently written bench book: Opinion 22-163
- Fourth Department – Suppression: People v. Saeli
- Second Circuit – RICO: Horn v. Medical Marijuana Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Uncompensated interview: Opinion 22-159
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Uncompensated guest speaker: Opinion 22-158
- Fourth Department – Negligent performance: Rosenthal v. Syracuse University, et al.
- Second Circuit – Visual Artists Rights Act: Kerson v. Vermont Law School Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Former foreclosure referee: Opinion 22-157
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – College honorarium: Opinion 22-156
- Second Circuit – Reasonable accommodation: Tafolla v. Heilig
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Primisch v. Peroxychem LLC
- Appeals court upholds Supreme Court ruling
- Assistant district attorney appointed City Court judge by Rochester mayor
- Murder conviction affirmed despite trial judge error
- NY appeals court upholds conviction in burglary case
- Federal lawsuit reinstated against jail officer over strip search, delayed release
- Hyzon to pay $25M penalty to settle alleged fraud charges by SEC
- NY appeals court reinstates lawsuit over contract to remove snow
- Fourth Department affirms $400K judgment in contract dispute