Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman on Monday released the list of the top 10 consumer fraud complaints received by his office in 2011. Marking the start of National Consumer Protection Week, he highlighted the scams most reported by New Yorkers and offered tips on how to avoid them in the future. “Arming consumers with information […]
Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman has appointed Michael Cooney, a partner at Nixon Peabody LLP, and Jennifer Leonard, president and executive director of the Rochester Area Community Foundation, to serve on his Leadership Committee for Nonprofit Revitalization.
Rochester attorney Hillel Deutsch is the new public integrity officer for the Rochester Regional Office of the New York State Attorney General. His appointment was announced Friday by Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman ...
As the April 18 tax deadline approaches, Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman is asking taxpayers to notify his office of any unsolicited email messages disguised as official communications from the Internal Revenue Service or tax preparation companies ...
Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman has reached a settlement with Young Adult Institute Inc. organization officials Philip H. Levy and Karen Wegmann, and former CEO Joel M. Levy, resolving allegations that they defrauded the Medicaid program.
- Fourth Department – Mental Hygiene Law: Charles L. v. State of New York
- Second Circuit – Medicaid and Medicare certification: U.S. ex rel. Quartararo v. Cath. Health Sys. Of Long Island Inc.
- Fourth Department – Waiver of indictment: People v. King
- Fourth Department – Speedy trial: People v. Jordan
- Fourth Department – Rosario material: People v. Dennard
- Second Circuit – Magnuson-Stevens Act: State of New York v. Raimondo
- Fourth Department – Plea: People v. Davis
- Second Circuit – Revocation of minimum sentence: Bangs v. Walter William Smith, et al.
- Fourth Department – Relation-back doctrine: CHS Inc. v. Land O’Lakes Purina Feed, et al.
- Fourth Department – Unlawful arrest: People v. Burke
- Fourth Department – Attempted criminal possession of a controlled substance: People v. Brown
- Second Circuit – Immigration: Paucar v. Garland
- N.Y. Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction
- NY board approves cannabis lawsuit settlements, paves way for retail dispensaries
- NY Court of Appeals reverses murder conviction because of illegal police search
- NY Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction over ineffective counsel
- Split court affirms gun conviction, finding search and arrest were legal
- NY appeals court vacates drug conviction over illegal police search
- Split Court of Appeals strips Police Accountability Board of disciplinary power
- Manslaughter conviction reversed after appeals court finds insufficient evidence