Some law firm marketing gurus are going gaga over Google+ (Google Plus), the latest social media platform.
NEW YORK — A fugitive from upstate New York who taunted police on his Facebook page to ‘catch me if you can. I’m in Brooklyn’ has been arrested. The Daily News says U.S. marshals and NYPD detectives tracked Victor Burgos ...
A lawyer would violate professional rules of conduct by “friending” certain high-level employees of an opposing party in a client’s employment dispute, a California ethics committee has concluded in an advisory opinion.
BUFFALO (AP) — Attorneys for Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg are due in a Buffalo courtroom to argue for access to materials that form the basis of a local man’s lawsuit claiming part ownership of the multibillion-dollar social media company. Facebook also wants its forensics experts to examine Paul Ceglia’s computers. A federal judge was scheduled […]
BUFFALO — A New York man suing Mark Zuckerberg for a stake in Facebook has changed attorneys as the multibillion-dollar social media company pushes for access to a contract and emails that form the basis of his case — documents that Zuckerberg's attorneys call fakes.
State Farm is paying the sales tax for the winner of a 2011 Ford Fusion hybrid from Cortese Ford. Rochester State Farm agent Chris Leonardi gave the keys Friday to Jacquelyn Cowart, a Strong Memorial Hospital employee ...
SAN FRANCISCO — Facebook is influencing what news gets read online as people use the Internet's most popular hangout to share and recommend content. That's one of the key findings from a study on the flow of traffic to the Web's 25 largest news destinations.
What happens when you cross the world's largest social network with one of the hottest business models in e-commerce? Facebook wants to find out. Facebook is launching a deals program Tuesday in five U.S. cities ...
When one New York woman allowed her financier husband to take some R-rated photos of her on their honeymoon, she probably never imagined that they would wind up in the hands of another woman. Or that they'd be the source of an alleged $2.5 million blackmail scheme.
SAN FRANCISCO — A Facebook lawsuit at the heart of the Hollywood blockbuster “The Social Network” lives on. Two former Harvard University classmates of company founder Mark Zuckerberg asked a federal appeals court Monday ...
Nicole Black expands on her prediction as to how lawyers’ use of social media will change in 2011.
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The Securities and Exchange Commission is looking into the booming trade in the privately held shares of popular social networking behemoths such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Zynga, according to reports in The New York Times and elsewhere.
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Verdugo v. Fox Building Group
- Fourth Department – Out-of-possession landlord: Truax v. M.D. Meyer’s Properties
- Fourth Department – Discovery: Sylvester v. Sanders
- Fourth Department – Out-of-possession landlord: Smith v. Marshall Farms Group, et al.
- Second Circuit – Supervised release: United States v. Francis
- Fourth Department – Court of Claims: Santiago v. State of New York
- Fourth Department – Peremptory challenge: People v. Santiago
- Fourth Department – Negligence: Scime v. Hale Northeastern
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers
- Appeals court cancels fine against Rochester nursing home
- Deal reached to protect reproductive health care rights at Jefferson County jail
- $1.5M settlement reached in fatal shooting by Canandaigua police officer
- Orleans County lawsuit against Genesee County threatens STAMP development