Nonprofits and municipalities in the Finger Lakes Region can apply for $35,000 in community health awards for programs targeting chronic diseases, including diabetes and heart disease, and mental health conditions. Nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organizations and municipalities in Excellus BlueCross BlueShield’s six-county Finger Lakes Region are invited to apply for awards of up to $5,000 each. Grants [&[...]
The 2014 Rochester Regional Business Plan Contest is accepting entries through Jan. 24 for for-profit start-ups and early-stage enterprises. Registration opened Monday. The contest’s goal is to encourage entrepreneurship among all who enter while recognizing and rewarding the most promising new ventures and start-up companies in the nine-county Finger Lakes Region. The contest enables early [&he[...]
A year after being recognized as having one of the best plans in the state, the Finger Lakes Regional Economic Development Council is on tap to receive substantially less funding for projects. The council was awarded $59.8 million – a drop-off of more than $36 million from a year ago – as part of the […]
U.S. Sen. Charles E. Schumer has secured a commitment from the new owners of Crosman Corp. to keep 300 jobs in Ontario County and consider a long-term expansion of the company, to be based in the Finger Lakes Region.
BUFFALO — A $17 sparkling wine produced by Swedish Hill Winery in the Finger Lakes region has captured New York's most coveted wine trophy. The medium-dry, non-vintage Riesling Cuvee from the 24-year-old winery ...
- Fourth Department – Breach of contract: Hausrath Landscape Maintenance Inc. v. Caravan Facilities Management LLC
- Second Circuit – New York Child Victim’s Act: Kane v. Mount Pleasant CSD; Coe v. Eastport Union Free School
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Appointing law clerk: Opinion 22-149
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Greenlight Networks selects Buffalo-based attorney as general counsel
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers