SANFORD, Fla. — Following his acquittal on all charges in the fatal shooting death of Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman will spend no time behind bars. But that’s about the only certainty in the former neighborhood watch volunteer’s immediate future. The Department of Justice has announced it will look into the case, which could lead to […]
Rochester has a lot of the key elements to make a great city, according to an urban development expert. It just needs to focus on the whole and implement its plans, according to Max Reim, co-managing partner and principal of LiveWorkLearnPlay, an international real estate advisory and development firm based in Toronto. He spoke to […]
The ripple effect from Eastman Kodak Co.’s bankruptcy reorganization extends in many directions: Employees brace again for layoffs, retirees fret over health care coverage, and the photography icon’s biggest debtors and stakeholders — from movie studios and big-box retailers to CEO Antonio Perez — are preparing for a sharp sting in their pocketbooks. Rochester Mayor […]
WASHINGTON, D.C. — For young people who came of age in the recession, the American dream of life getting better for each new generation feels like a myth. A majority expect to have a harder time buying a house ...
The New York State Bar Association has released what President Stephen P. Younger hopes is a blueprint for those in the profession to follow to adapt to change. The 120-page report, “Report of the Task Force on the Future of the Legal Profession,” was released ...
Nicole Black expands on her prediction as to how lawyers’ use of social media will change in 2011.
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Verdugo v. Fox Building Group
- Fourth Department – Out-of-possession landlord: Truax v. M.D. Meyer’s Properties
- Fourth Department – Discovery: Sylvester v. Sanders
- Espinosa named general counsel at Greenlight Networks
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers