ALBANY — Mario Cuomo had a loud and liberal voice that inspired a generation of politicians to turn to public service, and a story of humble beginnings that he wove into calls for social justice during his three terms as New York governor and years as a national figure and hesitant presidential candidate. Cuomo died […]
FLORISSANT, Mo. — Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon said Thursday that unspecified “operational shifts” are ahead for law enforcement in the St. Louis suburb that has been the scene of violent protests since a police officer fatally shot an unarmed black teenager. Speaking at a meeting of clergy and community members, the governor told the audience […]
NEW YORK — Donald Trump, the nation’s most shameless political flirt, is at it again. This time, the billionaire real estate mogul, reality TV star and perennial self-promoter is toying with the idea of challenging New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, saying the state’s high taxes and tight gun-control laws make the Democratic incumbent vulnerable. Trump […]
ALBANY — Get ready: Gov. Andrew Cuomo is likely coming to a campaign near you. The popular Democratic governor says he anticipates hitting events in battleground states for President Barack Obama and across New York for congressional and state legislative candidates. Cuomo says he’s still waiting for directions from Obama’s campaign, but he’s ready to […]
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo has announced the nomination of Julie Shimer to chair the Empire State Development Corporation. "Julie Shimer is joining a first-class team of economic development leaders including ...
ALBANY — Reform advocates say Gov.-elect Andrew Cuomo can start fixing state government without waiting for any legislative support, using executive authority to take dozens of steps to improve ethics and openness, protect consumers and help the environment.
ALBANY — Gov.-elect Andrew Cuomo plans a low-key inauguration on Jan. 1 that will focus on work rather than ceremony in his first day in the office his father once held.
A top aide says Erie County Republican Carl Paladino had a narrow but clear path to victory over Democrat Andrew Cuomo in the New York governor’s race but a series of self-inflicted wounds drove his tea-party fueled quest off the rails.
ALBANY — The party’s over. Now Gov.-elect Andrew Cuomo faces the monumental job of correcting New York’s sinking fiscal ship that will put him in a position of having to cut spending to the special interests that helped fund Tuesday’s overwhelming victory.
ALBANY — Andrew Cuomo overwhelmingly won the New York governor's seat his father held for 12 years, promising to take the state back to days of moral integrity and effective government.
NEW YORK CITY — The long, often nasty campaign to pick New York's next governor in a time of fiscal and ethical crises ends Tuesday as Democrat Andrew Cuomo seeks the office his father once held and tea party Republican Carl Paladino hopes to pull off one more upset.
ALBANY — Republican candidate for governor Carl Paladino says he would lay off thousands of public workers to fix New York's fiscal crisis. Paladino tells WGDJ-AM in Albany that Democratic ...
- Court of Appeals – Speedy trial: People v. Justice A.
- Fourth Department – Traffic stop: People v. McMillon
- Second Circuit – Fair Labor Standards Act: Abbott v. Comme Des Garcons, Ltd.
- Second Circuit – Plea agreements: Cook v. United States
- Fourth Department: Statute of limitations: Marino v. Weiler
- Fourth Department – Nail and mail service: Rebutting presumption of service L&W Supply Corporation v. Built-Rite Drywall Corp, et al
- Fourth Department – Mental Hygiene Law: Charles L. v. State of New York
- Second Circuit – Medicaid and Medicare certification: U.S. ex rel. Quartararo v. Cath. Health Sys. Of Long Island Inc.
- Fourth Department – Waiver of indictment: People v. King
- Fourth Department – Speedy trial: People v. Jordan
- Fourth Department – Rosario material: People v. Dennard
- Second Circuit – Magnuson-Stevens Act: State of New York v. Raimondo
- Split court affirms gun conviction
- N.Y. Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction
- NY board approves cannabis lawsuit settlements, paves way for retail dispensaries
- NY Court of Appeals reverses murder conviction because of illegal police search
- NY Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction over ineffective counsel
- Split court affirms gun conviction, finding search and arrest were legal
- NY appeals court vacates drug conviction over illegal police search
- Split Court of Appeals strips Police Accountability Board of disciplinary power