The Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys will host its annual installation dinner May 25. Laurie Giordano will provide the opening address, completing her term as president. The evening will include the presentation of GRAWA’s annual awards.
On April 7, seven local attorneys provided insights into the hiring practices of various legal employers in the third part of the “On the Road” lecture series, “The Road to Legal Employment — First-Time Positions, Lateral Moves and Making Partner.”
Last year, the three local bar associations, the Monroe County Bar Association, the Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys and the Rochester Black Bar Association, recognized Martin Luther King Jr.’s contributions with a community-focused event.
The verdict is in — so to speak. The Judicial Evaluation Committee of the Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys has completed its review of the qualifications of judicial candidates.
Nixon Peabody LLP sponsored a reception for the Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys on Sept. 15. The New Members Reception is a great way for attorneys new to Rochester and/or new to the practice of law to meet more established members of the legal community.
The Judicial Evaluation Committee of the Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys has completed its qualifications review of judicial candidates, the results of which were released Wednesday.
Karen DeCrow, former president of the National Organization for Women and pioneer in the field of equal rights for women in the workplace, had some surprising news for members of the Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys who attended her lecture on ...
The Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys will host a special event featuring former National Organization for Women President Karen DeCrow at 5:30 p.m. Aug. 16.
The Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys on Wednesday installed Laurie Giordano as president during the association’s 28th annual Installation Dinner.
Increasing diversity, promoting the election and appointment of women judges, and building a team environment that still allows individual efforts to shine, are the goals Laurie Giordano spelled out this week as she took over as the new president of the Greater Rochester Association of Women Attorneys.
The Judicial Evaluation Committee of the Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys has reviewed the qualifications of judicial candidates. GRAWA does not endorse or recommend any candidate.
The Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys and the Monroe County Bar Association is now accepting nominations for the Biannual GRAWA/MCBA Family Friendly Employer Award.
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Verdugo v. Fox Building Group
- Fourth Department – Out-of-possession landlord: Truax v. M.D. Meyer’s Properties
- Fourth Department – Discovery: Sylvester v. Sanders
- Espinosa named general counsel at Greenlight Networks
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers