Appellate Division, Fourth Department Guilty Plea Monosyllables People v. Hauke KA 10-00556 Appealed from Ontario County Court Background: The defendant pleaded guilty to two counts of felony drug sales but contended that her monosyllabic responses to the judge’s questioning cast doubt on the voluntariness of her plea. Ruling: Conviction affirmed. Defendant’s contentions are challenges to [...]
Veryl Baker, 60, of Henrietta, has pleaded guilty before U.S. District Court Judge David G. Larimer to possession of child pornography. Due to a prior conviction, the charge carries a mandatory minimum of 120 months in prison ...
Rosemarie Robinson, 38, of Rochester, has pleaded guilty before U.S. District Judge David G. Larimer to two charges of aiding in the preparation of false tax returns. Each charge carries a maximum penalty of three years in prison, a $100,000 fine or both.
CANANDAIGUA — A western New York couple has pleaded guilty to assaulting their 2-year-old son, including beating his feet with a wooden spoon. Local media report 24-year-old Melissa Mosher-Bach and her husband ...
Appellate Division, Fourth Department Guilty Plea Threatened Federal Prosecution People v. Hobby KA 08-00656 Appealed from Supreme Court, Monroe County Background: The defendant pleaded guilty to a felony weapons possession but contended on appeal that his guilty plea was coerced by the threat of federal prosecution. Ruling: Conviction affirmed. The possibility that a federal prosecution […[...]
Appellate Division, Fourth Department Guilty Plea Voluntariness People v. Maull KA 10-00518 Appealed from Cattaraugus County Court Background: The defendant pleaded guilty to third-degree sale of a controlled substance. He contended on appeal that his plea was not knowingly, voluntarily and intelligently entered because he was not advised that the sentence would include a period […]
BUFFALO — A former Buffalo police officer has pleaded guilty to attempted grand larceny for failing to pay New York State $13,000 in sales tax collected by a used car lot he owned. Erie County District Attorney Frank Sedita III ...
Daniel J. Lasnick, 47, of Arkport, has pleaded guilty before U.S. District Judge Charles J. Siragusa to knowingly receiving and distributing child pornography. The charge carries a mandatory minimum penalty ...
Appellate Division, Fourth Department Guilty Plea Monosyllables People v. Reinhardt KA 09-02119 Appealed from Oswego County Court Background: The defendant pleaded guilty to drug possession. On appeal he contended that he did not knowingly, intelligently and voluntarily waive his right to appeal because his responses to questioning were monosyllabic. Ruling: The conviction is affirmed. The [&helli[...]
Anthony J. Gibson, 28, of Rochester, pleaded guilty before U.S. District Judge Charles J. Siragusa to a felony charge of theft of government funds. Gibson faces up to 10 years in prison, a $250,000 fine or both.
James Noto, 43, of Ontario, has pleaded guilty before U.S. District Judge Charles J. Siragusa to mail fraud conspiracy. The charge carries a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. Assistant U.S. Attorneys Bradley E. Tyler and Marisa J. Miller said Noto was charged in an indictment ...
AUBURN — A 28-year-old Long Island man has pleaded guilty to slashing the throat of an upstate New York woman who was nearly decapitated in the attack last month. Christopher Tessitore of Islip Terrace pleaded guilty Wednesday in Cayuga County Court ...
- Fourth Department – Negligent performance: Rosenthal v. Syracuse University, et al.
- Second Circuit – Visual Artists Rights Act: Kerson v. Vermont Law School Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Former foreclosure referee: Opinion 22-157
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – College honorarium: Opinion 22-156
- Second Circuit – Reasonable accommodation: Tafolla v. Heilig
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Primisch v. Peroxychem LLC
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Judicial candidacy: Opinion 22-155
- Fourth Department – Defamation: Lavine v. Glavin
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Law clerk: Opinion 22-154
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Review of another judge’s actions: Opinion 22-153
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Charitable contributions: Opinion 22-150
- Second Circuit – Class action settlement: Moses v. The New York Times Company
- Appeals court upholds conviction
- Federal lawsuit reinstated against jail officer over strip search, delayed release
- Hyzon to pay $25M penalty to settle alleged fraud charges by SEC
- NY appeals court reinstates lawsuit over contract to remove snow
- Fourth Department affirms $400K judgment in contract dispute
- Fourth Department affirms decision in NY property dispute
- Greenlight Networks selects Buffalo-based attorney as general counsel
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith