Jordan Evans, 18, of Rochester, was convicted of second-degree murder on Friday in State Supreme Court. Keith Brown, 19, was walking with a friend from a convenience store on June 30, 2015, when shots were fired from across the street. One bullet struck Brown in the back of the head, killing him. “As a result […]
A jury has returned a guilty verdict in the trial of the woman charged with buying the guns a man used to kill two West Webster volunteer firefighters on Christmas Eve 2012. The state Supreme Court jury found 25-year-old Dawn Nguyen of Greece guilty Tuesday of falsifying a business record because she lied when she said on […]
NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. — A former Rutgers University student accused of using a webcam to spy on his gay roommate’s love life was convicted of invasion of privacy and anti-gay intimidation Friday in a case that exploded into the headlines when the victim threw himself to his death off a bridge. Dharun Ravi, 20, shook […]
A federal jury in Rochester has found Andrew Wright, 41, a Jamaican national, guilty of two counts of assaulting a federal officer. Each count carries a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. Assistant U.S. Attorney Everardo Rodriguez said the defendant was detained at the Buffalo Federal Detention Facility in Batavia […]
BUFFALO — A jury in Buffalo has convicted a New York man of raping and scalding his mentally disabled half-sister before their mother suffocated her last year. The Erie County jury deliberated about 4 hours Wednesday ...
U.S. Attorney William J. Hochul Jr. has announced that a federal jury has convicted Ian Campbell Gent, 58, and James F. Lagona, 50, of conspiracy and mail fraud. Each charge carries a penalty of up to 20 years in prison ...
- Fourth Department – Negligent performance: Rosenthal v. Syracuse University, et al.
- Second Circuit – Visual Artists Rights Act: Kerson v. Vermont Law School Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Former foreclosure referee: Opinion 22-157
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – College honorarium: Opinion 22-156
- Second Circuit – Reasonable accommodation: Tafolla v. Heilig
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Primisch v. Peroxychem LLC
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Judicial candidacy: Opinion 22-155
- Fourth Department – Defamation: Lavine v. Glavin
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Law clerk: Opinion 22-154
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Review of another judge’s actions: Opinion 22-153
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Charitable contributions: Opinion 22-150
- Second Circuit – Class action settlement: Moses v. The New York Times Company
- Appeals court upholds conviction
- Federal lawsuit reinstated against jail officer over strip search, delayed release
- Hyzon to pay $25M penalty to settle alleged fraud charges by SEC
- NY appeals court reinstates lawsuit over contract to remove snow
- Fourth Department affirms $400K judgment in contract dispute
- Fourth Department affirms decision in NY property dispute
- Greenlight Networks selects Buffalo-based attorney as general counsel
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith