The housing market in Rochester remains steady with increased sales of new homes, home building in demand, and low mortgage rates, officials said Thursday. But 2017 has presented some challenges to home building—mainly weather. “We’re status quo,” said Rick Herman, CEO of the Rochester Home Builders’ Association. “The homebuilding industry is active right now, we’re […]
The weather is a major factor behind a sluggish first quarter of 2014 in the housing market and the final quarter of 2013, but sales are expected to pick up soon with the year finishing slightly ahead of 2013. “As we say in the real estate business, it’s location, location, location, but with the new […]
WASHINGTON — U.S. home prices jumped in January, a sign the housing market is gaining momentum as it nears the spring selling season. Home prices rose 9.7 percent in January from a year ago, according to data released Tuesday by CoreLogic. That’s up from an 8.3 percent increase in December and the biggest annual gain […]
Increased consumer confidence is showing up in the housing market where sales and the number of new building permits are increasing. Home sales are up for the fifth consecutive quarter, according to Stephen J. Babbitt, president of the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors, who released third-quarter results Friday. The number of quarterly closings increased 7 […]
CHICAGO — Economists foresee only tepid growth for the coming year, with unemployment back above 8 percent for the first half of 2013. The good news: The housing market is recovering faster than expected and the economy likely won’t fall off a “fiscal cliff.” The quarterly survey by the National Association for Business Economists released […]
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Stronger housing markets helped boost economic growth at the end of the summer in nearly every region of the United States, according to a Federal Reserve survey released Wednesday. The Fed said growth improved in 10 of its 12 regional banking districts from mid-August through September, while leveling off in one region […]
Housing sales are down locally, but statistics show owning a home continues to be a good investment. Figures for the second quarter of 2012, which ended June 30, were released Friday by Genesee Region Real Estate Information Services, the information subsidiary of the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors. Transactions for the quarter showed a 25 […]
WASHINGTON — Home prices rose in nearly all major U.S. cities in April from March, further evidence of a housing market that is slowly improving even while the job market slumps. The Standard & Poor’s/Case-Shiller home price index released Tuesday showed increases in 19 of the 20 cities tracked. That’s the second straight month that […]
The housing market’s recovery may have stalled, nationally (according to the National Association of Realtors), but Rochester area Realtors, builders and mortgage bankers reported noticeably stronger housing numbers for the first quarter of 2012 in the Genesee Region. Unusually warm weather, improving employment figures and a revised Home Affordable Refinance Program are some of the […]
WASHINGTON — U.S. homebuilders are growing a little less pessimistic about the depressed housing market after seeing more people say they might be open to buying a home this year. The National Association of Home Builders/Wells Fargo builder sentiment index rose four points to 25 in January. That’s the highest level since June 2007. Even […]
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Americans bought slightly more new homes in November, but 2011 will likely end up as the worst year for sales in history. The Commerce Department says new-home sales rose 1.6 percent last month to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 315,000. That’s less than half the 700,000 new homes that economists say […]
WASHINGTON — Home prices rose for a fourth straight month in most major U.S. cities in July, buoyed by the peak buying season. But the housing market remains depressed, and prices are expected to decline in the coming months.
- Fourth Department – Breach of contract: Hausrath Landscape Maintenance Inc. v. Caravan Facilities Management LLC
- Second Circuit – New York Child Victim’s Act: Kane v. Mount Pleasant CSD; Coe v. Eastport Union Free School
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Appointing law clerk: Opinion 22-149
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Greenlight Networks selects Buffalo-based attorney as general counsel
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers